Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

HU: 737 PIC Evo available as of now

Here is what I got from Wilco.....Just not sure what soon means :(
Ah, that's on the paint kit. Thanks for the information.
A question now: regarding pressurization, the landing elevation is not set automatically despite selecting an arrival airport in FMC, Cruise altitude is not synchronized with FMC CRZ ALT
Even the NGs don't do anything automatically there. For automation, one has to pick the planes with the 'A' I guess. LOL.gif But some stuff on modern 737 really develops a character, one I wouldn't always relate to the word 'modern'.However, good catch on some points, I hope the devs find the reports as helpful as I do. :(

LOL, yeah I should have mentioned paintkit, sorry. Was kind of vague without that ;)

Bruce Wood

What plans do you have on the repaints? Means which airlines do you have in mind?

Just received an email from Wilco that an upgrade is in process and will be available in a couple of weeks:"Dear 737PIC Evolution user, We are currently working on an Upgrade for the 737 Pilot in Command Evolution you have ordered lately.It will be available in the next couple of weeks. The list of fixes and improvements will be soon available. We will inform you as soon as available. For your information, our office will be closed from Dec.24 until January 3rd. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.Wilco Publishing info@wilcopub.com http://www.wilcopub.com"Excitet to see the fix-list ;)Happy hollidays everyone!Mas

To add to Mas' post. The Wilco site says.

. 737PIC Evo : Patch development in progress.
which is good news of course, although I'm excited about the changelog too.

Does anyone know if you can run V1 and V2 together or will installing V2 overwrite V1.With all these negative comments, I'd rather not loose V1Thanks

You can install v2 without overwriting v1. They are two complete seperate aircraft.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

I hope the upgrade list of improvments include the extrior "it looks like a toy now" ..!! and the passenger cabin you can walk around and wings view from inside like v1 .. :(

With all these negative comments, I'd rather not loose V1
To be honest, if you have v1 running quite happily in FSX then I would stick with it for now. When Wilco come out with the patch though I would come back and take a look, this new model has potential and if they fix the bugs I think its definately a step forward.

Dean Stringer

Despite all the negative comments I decided to go for the Evo. Reason is simple: PMDG is too complex for me, it scares me away (nevertheless, I own it, maybe sometimes I will get the hold of it) and I wanted to fly a 737.You know what? I am quite happy with it. I can get it into the air from cold and dark, I can fly it and I can land it, with FMC or without, in automated mode, using just NAV and ILS or by hand. And it took me an evening to understand it, thanks to the great manual.Yes, it's unpolished. Paints are not too convincing. Cockpit is ok at best, and the virtual cabin is a joke. But the bird handles very nicely, really gives you the feeling you fly something heavy. I had my LNAV quirks in flight as well, but on the other hand, this plane catches the glidescope beautifully and is able to properly reduce speed.I didn't regret buying the Evo so far. Its intermediate complexity is just right for me.

The thing is, if you can 'get the 737 Evo in the air' then you can get the NGX in the air exactly the same way...Bad/ugly/cheaper add-ons aren't necessarily easier to 'operate' or get a grip on while good add-ons are difficult. It doesn't work that way. Especially with two 737s.They are BOTH 737 and are both operated 99% the same way.I fail to understand this kind of thinking really : you will not fall out the virtual skies because it's a NGX. Of fly nicely because it's a Wilco.But if U're happy. Eh... I'm glad for U.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

The thing is, if you can 'get the 737 Evo in the air' then you can get the NGX in the air exactly the same way...Bad/ugly/cheaper add-ons aren't necessarily easier to 'operate' or get a grip on while good add-ons are difficult. It doesn't work that way. Especially with two 737s.They are BOTH 737 and are both operated 99% the same way.I
Exactly. The NGX could take months to learn if you want to train on it like a real pilot. Learning 'by the book' start up/shut down flows and how to deal with failures etc. But if you want to fly it like your average sim pilot it'll take an hour or two to learn the ropes. Less if you're used to a Wilco 737. The complexity of the NGX is down to the fact that it simulates all the systems in the background, including failures, and does away with the 'ease of use' fudges used in less elaborate sims.