Sign in to follow this  
glez18

Run eng1 with eng2

Hi all, how to run eng 1 with eng2? , when i run eng2 with apu and then turn off apu and try run eng1 the N2 increase to 17% aprox; sombody know?Efrén

Erm..., you should also find that in the tutorial.Normally the APU always runs until both engines are started. It gives them the bleed air for starting. When you absolutely want to start Eng 1 without the APU, you could try to turn on the Eng 2 bleed air, but thats really very unusual...David

Tks David, I find this:

WARNING:If engine No. 1 was started using a ground air source, to minimize the hazard to ground personnel, the external air should be disconnected and engine No. 2 started using the Engine Crossbleed Start procedure.

Engine Crossbleed Start

Prior to using this procedure, ensure that the area to the rear is clear.

Engine BLEED air switches...............................................................ON

APU BLEED air switch....................................................................OFF

PACK switches.................................................................................OFF

ISOLATION VALVE switch.........................................................AUTO

Ensures bleed air supply for engine start.

Engine thrust lever(operating engine)...................................................Advance thrust lever

Advance thrust lever until bleed duct pressure indicates 30 PSI.

Non–operating engine.......................................................................Start

Use normal start procedures with crossbleed air.

After starter cutout, adjust thrust on both engines, as required.

Efrén

Hi Efren, I always have to give a tad bit of throttle when engine 1 starts up, this seems to do the trick.-Travis

Maybe it helps if you put 3 more items with this subject in the ngx group?

but thats really very unusual...
More common than you would think.

This is norm ops whenever external bleed air is used for startup (Due to APU INOP, noise abatement, etc). However, remember to start eng1 first, then disconnect bleed air, then start engine 2. The reason for this is that the ext bleed air hose is stretched out in front of eng 2, and it's not too too much fun to suck the ext bleed hose into eng2 (even though this isn't simulated, it's a nice know-how in order to increase realism).

Oh, I didn`t know that. Here we all can learn something ;-)David
Yes, thank you :)-Travis

I tried some time ago to make a little Vid, how about to start with external air.If you want to, you can have a look here:

Maybe it helps if you put 3 more items with this subject in the ngx group?
Sorry me mouse is crazy, i try delete topics but i dont know yet.Efrén