Sign in to follow this  
Paulvanuf

REX

I am considering the purchase of REX.But I am a little reluctant about the loss of framerates.Any comments/experiences on that?Thanks in advance.Paul

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

I am considering the purchase of REX.But I am a little reluctant about the loss of framerates.Any comments/experiences on that?Thanks in advance.Paul
H Paul,Normally I don't have any loss of framerate. Updating the weather using the weather engine takes a long time (about 10 seconds ) and then I have a little loss of framerate(2/3).After the update it is normal again.(i7 sandybridge, 8Gb of Ram and Nvidia 280)Regards,Eric

Hi Paul Only Buy REX If you want A: Amazing Clouds and weather to fly in or B: Amazing Clouds and Weather to fly in Well worth the money and slight decrease in Frames you will enjoy it !!martyb

I would wait for the release of ActiveSky 2012 if I was you.it is due to be released some time this month or the next one.it has all the good stuff that REX has plus better Weather Engine.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

The Active Sky weather engine is usually accepted as being better than REX, and REX graphics were much better than Active Sky Graphics.So people bought both products which actually work together quite well although it requires a bit of headscratching to work out how ASE installs REX textures in FSX.With ActiveSky 2012, the graphics look like they will be competing with the quality of REX so it might be worth waiting for a review.I think I read that ASE users will receive the improved weather engine through an update rather than being forced to upgrade to AS 2012.

Guys,That gives a good (positive) impression. Some questions though:- Is it possible to create different 'REXes' for intended VFR (rich) or IFR (less) flying?- Above positive reactions about clouds and weather, how about the scenery: I use for example VFR Germany, NL2000 and UT Europe, are these enhanced by REX (roads)GrzPaul

Regards,
Paul - near EHRD

REX is on sell for this month only 50% off get it while the sell lastcan't beat REX clouds weather engine needs work everything else perfect!

Guys,That gives a good (positive) impression. Some questions though:- Is it possible to create different 'REXes' for intended VFR (rich) or IFR (less) flying?- Above positive reactions about clouds and weather, how about the scenery: I use for example VFR Germany, NL2000 and UT Europe, are these enhanced by REX (roads)GrzPaul
Hi Paul,Here is a link to the REX manual. Might help in your decision making: http://www.realenvir...m/rexmanual.zipThanks for the kind words gents!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

REX is on sell for this month only 50% off get it while the sell lastcan't beat REX clouds weather engine needs work everything else perfect!
What site is that? I remember briefly,but I get so many flight sales into my inbox I can't remember :)Sorry, it's Simmarket.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

REX is the mother of all addons! smile.png

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Agreed Rex2 is fantastic, ive had it for awhile like most others and highly reccomend it. with a good system you shouldnt have any dramas at allA question for the masses though if i may:What are the opinions regarding REX Overdrive for the guys on here. PRO's/ CON'sPS: im quite happy with REX2 but was curious, it does look good though but at what cost on system performance if any compared to REX2Thanks in advancePic's below of My NGX in REX2departed YWLM to YSCB2011-11-25_23-22-33-94.jpgOn climb2011-11-25_23-26-42-639.jpg2011-11-25_23-28-8-401.jpg2011-12-2_22-47-44-507.jpgInbound to YSSY2011-12-2_22-48-33-564.jpgWaiting on the ramp at YSCB (Canberra)2011-12-5_18-55-22-138.jpg

The're good shots Stephen,I have REX2, but haven,t installed it yet, ...too busy other things!I actually posted a topic the other day about wind smoothing ( if REX does that) ...but a few people confirmed to use at least to use FSUIPC.I will certainly now install REX2 for great weather effects.You have FTX Aust,.. like I have & it seems you obviously don/t have any clashing issues as well.Stewart Thompson

The're good shots Stephen,I have REX2, but haven,t installed it yet, ...too busy other things!I actually posted a topic the other day about wind smoothing ( if REX does that) ...but a few people confirmed to use at least to use FSUIPC.I will certainly now install REX2 for great weather effects.You have FTX Aust,.. like I have & it seems you obviously don/t have any clashing issues as well.Stewart Thompson
Just make sure that FTX is deactivated while you load REX textures. Otherwise there's no reason to have problems. REX textures are global and FTX are location specific.As a reference to the OPs question though I'd like to comment that at overcast weather the large number of clouds does have a FPS hit, at least on mid to low rigs! In any case (subject to what AS2012 will offer) it's a must-have, especially with the current discount!!!