Sign in to follow this  
andysim

pc driving me crazy!

I got a pc from Cyberpower last year and had some power issues so I decided to replace it myself with a new 600w unit (didnt like the idea of sending it back and waiting weeks for a fix) and it ran fine for maybe 4 months even with a new graphics card (GTX560Ti). Now something bad is happening again with sudden power offs and lockups.It started with a clicking noise like you get when you turn the power on and it would lock up, now windows just freezes up at random and I get an Critical error showing in event viewer "Event -ID 41, Source: Kernal - Power" What are the chances of 2 failed PSU in 1 year? Could it be some deeper problem with the motherboard? Its so confusing. I dont have a Spare PSU so I suppose I will need to buy a new one and hope its that. What would you guys recommend? Im running at factory Bios settings and have a good CPU cooler (Corsair 56c max with prime95)Specs in sig.Thanks

Cyberpower is a hit and miss type company with more misses than hits the last few years. You may have a bad computer.

ok I put in a new PSU from Dabs and 3 mins after booting up it failed. When I say it failed I mean it exploded. It was like a fireworks display. I paniced a bit thinking it had killed my whole system. I put the old PSU in and (Phew!!!) it booted up just fine.Im either very unlucky with PSUs or very lucky my PC didnt die in a fire!!.I wish I had had my camera ready, would have made an awsome youtube video hee. Never heard a noise like it in my whole life. Still get the odd crash related to Event ID 41 Kernal-Power but thats nothing new. Gonna try a much better quality PSU maybe a modular one if anyone has any suggestions.

You say the PSU "blew up" If that's the case, you have short circuit somewhere or a capacitor shorted out.! Imtermittant or not! That should NEVER happen! That extremely bad. ben building computers for 2oyrs and never experienced that. I very much dought increasing Vcc will fix that!
Apparently you've never received a bad PSU. I think it's coincidental that the replacement PSU blew, btw.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules