Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

How Is a Flight Sim Company Run?!

Hi guys, I just wonder how a flight sim company like PMDG is run when all members live all over the world. Do they also meet in rw or is everything done via Internet?!

Skype can be very useful for communications.
Well, so you think they do all over the net and never meet in real life?

Probably much the same way any other company is run. Lots of hardwork and boring meetings (face to face or remote doesn't really make much of a difference to technical discussions).

Well for a flight sim company I would have someone who leads everything and does the accounting and finances and makes some executive project decisions while you have others who really work together in their own field to get a plane put together. As in system logic (may two or three for this because of the extent of the systems), model, paint and textures, and sound.

Guys-I dont think this is too diffucult to figure out.The team is all over the world becasue they can be. This means they dont go to the office everyday.The team members are contractors- not employees.Most likely they get paid based on the number of sales accordingly. This is not a salary or hourly pay, but a ' royalty ' that MAY last the life of the product.

Peter Osborn