Sign in to follow this  
denver69

Look what Shade does, terrible!

I have finally figured out that this issue is because of Shade. This is really to bad because I love the program so much. What this does to my scenery when the visibility is between 3 and 15 miles is awful! The first pic is w/o Shade and while much less visible you can see that this problem has to do with FSX. I am talking about that far view with the abrupt texture grid color change, what the heck is this? Shade makes it much more noticeable and to be honest a no go for me. It just really ruins it. Does this happen to anyone else? If so how do I fix this? I really want to use shade but like so many things in FSX you cant have your cake and eat it to I guess. I have heard about no one complaining about this so I come to think it only effects me.I am running:REXGEXShadeShader 3.0 (This happened before this was installed)ASE (Happens w/o it)Nvidia GTX 460 (Maybe a driver thing?) 250 series driver (older but better performance, I cant remember if this happened with the latest one I had before, the 280 something)I have a feeling it is not a driver issue but it may be.Has anyone had this before and if so how do you fix it?Thanx!BTW - It happens at the edge of the visibility area. As visibility is adjusted upward this "skirt line" of the end of the earth 1980's graphics style expands outward with the increased visibility. It happens to be that above about 15 miles it is almost unnoticeable but it is still there. At 59 which is my default you have to look hard to find it. Below 3 miles it is hidden again.

I don't have shade but i did install shader 3.0 and thought it was caused by that. I think I'll be doing an fsx reinstall over christmas to see if i can fix that unless someone has a better solution. Tried uninstalling shader 3.0 and everything got much worse so I put it back in.

So you have the same problem. I also have shader 3.0 but possibly remember this occurring before I installed that. I cannot remember to be honest.

Why are you guy's using Shader 3.0 mod with nvidia cards? I thought it was for mostly ATI graphic cards. Try removing shader 3.0 and install FWC and see if that fixes the problem.@denver69, have you tried different presets ? As you are using ASE, are you using ASE visibilty and fog haze layer, because if you install new REX textures, you must disable/re-enable fog layer gerneration. So your fog and haze generation could be REX or FSX default which is crap.read this thread, 1st post. It relates to FEX, but applies to REX and FSX alsohttp://www.simforums...+natural+wonder

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I had no idea shader 3.0 was targeted at ATI cards. That might be why this is a problem. I'll have to re-read the uninstall instructions and see if I can remove it. I might even get a few frames back too.

I had no idea shader 3.0 was targeted at ATI cards. That might be why this is a problem. I'll have to re-read the uninstall instructions and see if I can remove it. I might even get a few frames back too.
let's know how it goes Jason

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

ZK-SUH,Yes I have been trying different presets and some are worse than others. The problem exists outside of Shade but it may have to do with Shader Mod 3.0 on my nvidia card. I cant remember weather I had this problem or not before I installed Shader mod 3.0. I will ununstall it and see how it goes. When I do install new REX textures I do go into ASE and uncheck/check disable fs haze layer and use fog layer generation and hit save and apply. This does not seem to take care of the issue.I will try uninstalling shader mod and let you know how it goes.Thanks allot!

I may have fixed it by flushing the shader cache. If ASE is not running the problem is still there but this may be because it is not actively modified that supper terrible FSX programmed visibility depiction. This may be what I am seeing. I did edit the Water Constants.XML in Shader Mod 3.0 and did not follow the instructions to flush the shader cache afterwards. After doing this I loaded ASE and found some place that was reporting 1-3nm visibility and saw a good normal depiction. As I slewed upward and ASE graduated the visibility I never saw that ugly blocky line. I will need to do more testing but I may have solved my problem. In case you all are on the edge of your seat and decide to fast until noting I have totally solved my problem I will report back once I have determined the problem does not exist anymore.Thanks!

Just an update on my findings tonight:- I removed shader 3.0This did not result in any change to my visuals. Still had the problems described above.- Made a backup of my fsx.cfg and deleted the file.- Loaded up FSX to recreate fsx.cfg fileFound that this fixed my graphics but my settings weren't optimal for my machine.- Processed the file through http://www.venetubo.com/cgi-bin/fsx.cgiThis was finally where I wanted it. Did a few tweaks to the config with autogen and traffic and am now back in business.I won't be installing shader 3.0 again.Hope this helps others experiencing these problems.

Shade has nothing to do with the fsx.cfg, but could cause the second purple-ish colouring in the second picture, and Shader v3.0 has nothing to do with the colour of the clouds. It just permits..... better shading, and has more noticeable effect on water. It also does enhance Nvidia graphics, too.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.