Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

REX users, i have a question

G'day everyone.I just purchased rex at the discounted price, but i had just a few quetions regarding the program.1) I unchechecked the weather box within rex as i use active sky, but upon being in the sim i had a message bar at the top of the screen saykng rex is injecting weather or something of that nature. I didnt have active sky running but i had the box in rex unchecked for weather.2) also, my first time running the program i went to flight plannong, planned a short flight, selected the wx texture button at the bottom to add the textures. it took a good 10 minutes for rex to install the textures in the sim, will i have to wait 10 minutes before every flight??? or am i doing something wrong??P.S the clouds do look awesome!!!!!!!!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

hello.REX is replacing some of your fs9 textures, such as clouds, water; both inland and ocean textures, sun, taxiway, asphalt or concrete runways, lights, lightning, skies, shallow tropical waters and some of your aircraft lights. It also depends on which version of ActiveSky you are using? if you have the one with clouds and skies texture replacement option then you have to choose either the ones in REX or activesky. Mine is running with ActiveSky Evolution, AFAIK ASE only controls the wind speed/direction, turbulence, wind shear and clouds thickness without replacing any of your existed textures.You dont have to conduct the "10 minute" installation in every flight. Once you have chosen your preferred textures from REX, they will be applied to your fs9 (the 10 minute installation you mentioned), then you will have the REX textures installed to your fs9, you're good to go... at least until you decide to change or uninstall them (why on earth would you do that anyway?) However, don't they provide the manual as well? :)The clouds are lovely indeedRegards,Prabowo

it took a good 10 minutes for rex to install the textures in the sim, will i have to wait 10 minutes before every flight???
If you leave water themes unchecked under the options menu, you'll save a lot of time.
I didnt have active sky running but i had the box in rex unchecked for weather.
Maybe you need to uncheck all the boxes regarding weather?

Thanks for the replies, ill tinker with it more. Ya they have a manual, but i downloaded it late last night and only quickly played wjth it.(like a kid on xmas morning LOL ). An now im at work and bored so figured id ask. ;)

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

i downloaded it late last night and only quickly played wjth it.(like a kid on xmas morning LOL ).
LOL I know how it feels ... I remember the day I had my new PMDG MD11 about a year ago... I read the flight tutorial while I was at the office :(

Thanks everyone, I got it all figured out now, And all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! A definite must have........even at regular price, let alone the discounted price :)