Sign in to follow this  
hightower

Nose wheel pivot

The aircraft is the POSKY 747-400V4 with updated FDE's and airfiles applied. I've attached 3 screenshots to illustrate what is happening. Pic # 1 shows the AC nose wheel on centerline with engines off. As engines 1 & 2 (left side of AC) are started and brought to idle percent, the torque of the engines is causing the AC to slowly pivot to the right of centerline as seen in pic # 2. Use the nose strut for reference. After all engines have started and achieve idle percent, note the position of the nose strut in pic # 3. Is this correctable within the airfile or the aircraft cfg file, and if so, what parameters need to be changed? No other AC I have does this. Thx

Make sure you have the parking brake on. You can increase the toe_brake_scalar value in the aircraft.cfg file, but that will also shorten your landing roll.Other than that, there is nothing you can do unless you don't care if it change the way it flies...

Thanks Tom.Parking brake is applied. Still does it. Just curious what setting (and where) is causing this. As mentioned before, this is the only AC I have ever experienced this on. Really quite strange.Chris

Tom:Thinking about this a little more, and having used your "realistic engine start" on all my propliners, could the engine starting order be changed from 1,2,3,4, which appears to be the default setting when using Ctrl-E to start engines on AC with four engines, to say, 1,4,3,2 which might balance out the torque effect, or is the default engine start command hard coded in the model file? Couldn't find one in the Gauges folder.You mentioned changing the toe brake scalar value. Interestingly, there is no [brakes] section in the POSKY air cfg file. I did find one in an iFly 747 air cfg file and am going to try that and see what happens.

www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/tech_ops/read.main/22826/If you can't get in directly get to the tech ops forum and search for B747 engine start sequence.Cathay and BA policy is 4,1,2,3. 4 is the primary braking source, 1 the secondary, 2 is a reserve braking source and 3 is not involved. For partial engine taxiing 3 is shut down first. according to a reply there.

Thank you Sir. Will investigate.I did install the [brakes] section from the iFly 747 into the POSKY aircraft cfg file and that did help to stop most of the "creeping". I will start each engine selectively and that should eliminate the problem.Thx