Sign in to follow this  
PaulKent

Re-installing NGX versus updates

Hi allSeveral member have pointed out that one may as well just reinstall the NGX as opposed to updating. I went to retrieve my previous orders of the 8/900 and the 6/700 and I found that my order URL has expired. I assume that if I want to redownload the NGX installers I now require an extended download service (at cost)If so, I think I might just use the updates (which I know will work perfectly) and save a few penniesWhat do you guys think?CheersPaul Kent

Hi allSeveral member have pointed out that one may as well just reinstall the NGX as opposed to updating. I went to retrieve my previous orders of the 8/900 and the 6/700 and I found that my order URL has expired. I assume that if I want to redownload the NGX installers I now require an extended download service (at cost)If so, I think I might just use the updates (which I know will work perfectly) and save a few penniesWhat do you guys think?CheersPaul Kent
I'd never rely on always being able to download from a link. I spend too much on downloaded add-ons to not back them up. Apart from anything else the installer is always ready to use, I don't need to wait for it to be downloaded.I initially patched the NGX to SP1b as PMDG suggest, but had a couple of new problems unrelated to the reported updates. A complete reinstall seemed worth a try, and it worked. If you don't have the installers available then the patch method is worth trying, and it probably works in most cases. However if you have the installers backed up then a full reinstall makes sense.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

you can get an update which I did the extended download its lasts for a yer and just $.4>95 submt a ticket with the info required and turnaround at least for me was within 36 hours thats what Icall customer service. I would do it if I ws you, its not like you are going to wait for a wk, 36 hrs for me!!!! do it ust my advise.good luck Ronny