Sign in to follow this  
FSX1234

Wind Fluctuates On ND

Hi i have the ngx, aes rex and registered version of FSUIPC. Whilst flying i notice the wind speed on the ND fluctuates alot. I have the settings correct in FSUPIC i think. I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem.Settings in FSUIPCSMOOTH WIND CHANGES NEAR A/C SET TO 0 AND 3SMOOTH ONLY WHEN AIRBOURNETHEN I HAVE SELECTED THE SUPPRESS WIND EFFECTS GUSTS/VARIANCE.Any idead would be much appreciated, or is this normal .Regards Chris

If you figure it out, let me know as well. Strong winds today have caused the NGX to bank right and left too often to keep on track with the flight plan. I highly doubt real world flights bank as much as this bird does at the moment. =P

which of your addons are you using to generate/read/download the weather? ASE and REX engines seem to affect the way FSUIPC deals with changes of direction and speed a little bit differently, or I have seen slightly odder weather since buying and using ASE to generate the real-time Wx; and I have seen varying METAR reports from the same airport/region with both engines. Are you downloading winds aloft?ASE has some settings to make to the FSUIPC.ini file, and set smoothing to something like 8s/deg (ASE recommends turning off the weather option in FSUIPC)

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I actually have the same problem and I don't have any add-ons for weather......I get rapidly changing gusts and wind direction...nothing seems to smooth it out.DAN BURKE

This may be useless info, but using ASE, I checked the box that said enable changes to FS own weather. I also have varying winds, but when I check the suppress variance/turbulence/gusts it goes away. I do like the winds, gives it that extra boost of reality in my eyes.

If you haven't already try enabling DWC depiction mode in ASE.I'm using AS 2012 and with DWC enabled I don't even need the wind smoothing options in FSUIPC anymore. Have REX and ASE myself before AS 2012 and I'm not 100% sure what settings I used in ASE but this is worth a try if you don't already have DWC enabled in ASE.

Richard Åsberg