Sign in to follow this  
ssites22

Back to FSX with new computer

I am back to FSX after 3 years away. I built a nice high power machine (Geforce 550 TI, Intel i5 etc).Runs smooth at 30fps with almost all sliders maxed out.I notice when flying in clouds, which I was really never able to do in the past), they look VERY blocky and banding. Not a misty look like I expected.Any ways to improve this?

Using default. are there any good free ones out there? I did change some video card settings and I think it is better though

Not sure about any free ones but REX along with ASE will do u wonders.

Matt Wilson

As of now ASE doesnt have there own textures. ASE will just use the REX textures. I was amazed the difference it made over the default or REX weather engine. Much more realistic looking. After having it I couldnt fly without it.

Matt Wilson

As of now ASE doesnt have there own textures. ASE will just use the REX textures. I was amazed the difference it made over the default or REX weather engine. Much more realistic looking. After having it I couldnt fly without it.
Active Sky does not come with textures but you can buy the Xgraphics addon which are textures that integrate with the AS weather engine.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Yes and that's no long now. Its the 16th already in OZ. Just a waiting for the sun to move on game now.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

If I want to run REX2 with just the textures (the weather engine is dreadfully slow), do I uncheck Enable REX weather engine? That will still give me textures?