Sign in to follow this  
Dutch1

Jagged edges with new computer, Intel HD graphic

I am setting up FS9 on a new computer for my friend. Its a Gateway with Intel i3 processor. It has on board graphics, Intel HD graphics. I'm getting jagged edges around all the airplanes. Now if it was a Nvidia card, I would know what to about this problem, but have new clue with this Intel HD graphic. Thanks

Don't expect too much because that is a crappy video solution. You can go to the Graphics Control Panel to make some changes.

Set AA and AF to the highest settings.Make sure the chip driver is up to date.

Thanks, just finally found all the settings.....man this Windows 7...not used to it...Still running XP...lol

In FS settings, did you set filtering to at least Bilinear? For antialiasing, do you run FS9 in windowed or in full-screen mode? In the Intel settings (right click on Desktop>Graphic properties>3D), did you adjust them?And another question: how is the Intel HD in terms of performance?Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Hi Luis, I have filtering set to trilinear, I run in windowed mode,Yes i have adjusted them, Texture Quality=Performance AF=16x Vertex Processing=Enable Software Processing Vertical Sync=On. As far as Performance, it runs very smooth, have alot of scenery add ons, GE pro, UT ,FSGlobal, Pay planes..........Its just really smooth....45FPS in FS9 maxed out............

It is the I3 that is giving him smooth FPS. The onboard card is very poor and will be a bottleneck.Regards

Rob Prest

Looks like a good option for replacing my travel laptop (Inspiron 11z), but I'd like to know which CPU has your friend's laptop. I see you have "Enable software processing" for vertices. Why don't you set it at "Default" or "Application controlled"? You know, hardware processing is faster than software processing wink.png. Also, you may try to leave texture quality in Quality or Balanced.I remember hearing something about AA not working in windowed mode, but with Nvidia GPUs. I'm not sure about Intel, but you may try going to full screen (if you don't mind the pause and black screen before getting the menu bar and the kneeboard).But well, in my travel laptop I don't expect too much to be done about jagged edges; there may be nothing to do then.Best regards from Colombia,Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

"but I'd like to know which CPU has your friend's laptop", Luis not a laptop...........is this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gateway+-+Desktop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i3+Processor+/+6GB+Memory+/+1TB+Hard+Drive/3152445.p?id=1218380507379&skuId=3152445 Rob, I'm sure your right about the onboard card. The gal that I'm setting it up for is giving it to her husband for Xmas. I have set up FS9 and all add ons for her, we even ordered a Saitek-Pro Flight Yoke System- for him. We didn't get him a monitor, she figures he'll go out and get the biggest he can find lol, so I'll tell him to get a better graphics card.

Just to clarify, Intel HD graphics card has no AA settings. That's why there are jaggies.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.