Sign in to follow this  
Tamadeez

SP2 yay or nay.

Yay but doubt it will happen anytime soon as I think the Dash 8 project will be out before any SP for J41.

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Sorry, Peter. That would be a "yay", if for no other reason than because you guys want it! My only concern is getting my spoilers to deploy after touchdown, but since many of you don't have a problem in that department, I am not very optimistic.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have that issue too Chris. I've adapted a work around that works most of the time. I just wait until the last minute to arm them. If I arm them too early they rarely deploy, and by too early I'm only talking like 2 minutes. I would also like to see them fix the graphical bugs in using the show ice settings without the artifacts. Some posts said this wasn't fixable, but two from PMDG said not only was it, but that they knew what it was. They're around here somewhere and I like my eye candy as well as my spoilers ;)

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Did You try to approach with spoilers armed and outside view? If they do not want to rise, just flip the switch and pretend it is deployed, checklist item completed :)After all, spoilers down will prolong the landing distance by ~8 % only

I would like to see them deploy when I replay the landing. I also switched to external viewpoint after touchdown during the actual landing, but they fail to rise every time :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks Bart (can't type the next letter in your name), Does that method work? I mean does it at least give the plane the characteristics of the spoilers being used, or is it just to simulate they worked? My method of arming them late seems to work fine. This isn't just in the J41 either. I have several aircraft that the spoilers are armed correctly but never deploy. Like Chris, I just want to simulate as much as possible. I don't care much about seeing them but just like to know I'm doing the steps correctly.Chris, not sure this is what you're asking but you mentioned "replay". Do you mean they just don't show in FSRecorder? The newer version of FSR has more options of what to record but with sophisticated aircraft I still find for some things I need to have that model loaded before selecting play with FSR.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Dan, do You have any axis mapped as spoilers? There is no axis in JS, it is a flip-flop switch.I have mapped 'spoilers arm' on GF-T8, but it does not work for JS, so I have to dig for the mouse and click the switch in VC. It always worked for me and it is the only way to arm them in my pit...Throttles idle, Weight On Wheels, reverse thrust, spoilers armed - that is all needed, maybe You just missed something from here. Double check the throttles calibration maybe.

No, no axis is assigned to the spoilers. Not in FSUIPC, standard.xml (FSX controls) or PMDG keyboard options in any planes. I use the standard way of arming them with the keyboards "Shift+/". It's been this way for me for years. It's like I said and not any one specific aircraft, but all PMDG's. If I arm them early, they just never deploy. I've made a habit to wait for the 2500 callout to arm them now and they work fine. Nothing is assigned that, but I wouldn't rule out some sort of interference either (meaning something voiding the script to deploy them). I think I run more addons at any given time then anyone I know, so if it can go wrong, I've had it happen. It's the only reason I give so much advice by the way. It's not that I'm smart, it's that I've probably seen every possible wrong thing that can happen. Maybe I don't land hard enough? LOL.gifEdit: My throttles are also perfect. I manually edit them in the standard.xml to allow the reverse thrust to work with my throttle axis's.

Dan Prunier

Yay (well one can only hope). I'd hate to see another promise from PMDG broken, but I'm not holding my breath.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

is there a list of stuff that needs fixing? i cant remember ever having a problem with the JS41 and its the plane i fly the most, maybe i'm not flying it properly? :(

I know there was, and most likely still is somewhere deep in here. Most people only have an issue or two and not sure any have all of them. Just search this forum for Service pack and check topic titles only, or change it a bit. There have been too many posts to count on this over the last couple years.

Dan Prunier

Throttles idle, Weight On Wheels, reverse thrust, spoilers armed - that is all needed, maybe You just missed something from here. Double check the throttles calibration maybe.
My spoilers are always armed before I select reverse prop pitch after touchdown, and the power is set to IDLE. The green ARM light comes on when I select reverse prop pitch, and the distinctive sound of the reversed blade angle is audible. However, if I switch to external viewpoint at that time, the spoilers have not visibly deployed, and neither are they visible when I select the REPLAY function from the menu (to watch my landing from the tower, or other viewpoint). The spoilers are visible (in both external and replay modes) on every single other aircraft that I have checked, although the spoiler deployment activation for these is done with a separate joystick button (rather than as a combined function with the reversers that is used for the PMDG Jetstream 4100).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

is there a list of stuff that needs fixing? i cant remember ever having a problem with the JS41 and its the plane i fly the most, maybe i'm not flying it properly? :(
Yes! Precisely! X2 on that comment, although, a fresh update would be revitalising :)ThanksMatt

I think this topic is dead in the water. I don't think PMDG is interested in fixing anything that has to do with the J41, now that they have their new toy out there, the NGX.angry.png
+1 Could not have said it better.. It is really a shame that they not doing anything to fix the JS41 Edited by bliksimpie