Sign in to follow this  
fvapres

EGPH in X-Plane 10 for Enji

Flight around EGPH for Enji in X-Plane 10.03 Beta 5

Thanks very much fvapres! Really enjoyed that.What kind of settings are you using and how do you find XP runs on your PC (i'm reading your specs in your sig)?im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

My settings are posted in the thread:http://forum.avsim.n...-greggerm-xp10/I get around 20-30FPS most of the time. With FRAPS, I have it recording at 24FPS, so it externally locks the FPS at 24, but sometimes, like in this video, when the houses get to be too many and pretty complicated, it can get down to around 15 or so, but it's still flyable. And thats while recording full 1920x1080 32bit videos. That flight took up 10GB by itself of just raw recording. Then, using windows movie maker, compressed it into WMV file around 620MB. The raw video data alone kills my FPS. If I take the resolution down to 1280x768 or so, my FPS gets up to 30-40 in some cases with 25 being pretty low. It's amazing what a little less resolution can do to improve FPS.Most of my limitation is the video cards, being 9800GTXs they're still pretty good, but showing their age. Depending on budget constraints, looking at either dual 6970s in crossfire or 570s in SLI (I play other games besides XP and FSX that actually use the dual cards for benefit). If I were going for a single card, I'd probably go with a 580, but other than that, my rig is pretty inexpensive, but powerful (my wife would complain if it were much more expensive).

My settings are posted in the thread:http://forum.avsim.n...-greggerm-xp10/I get around 20-30FPS most of the time. With FRAPS, I have it recording at 24FPS, so it externally locks the FPS at 24, but sometimes, like in this video, when the houses get to be too many and pretty complicated, it can get down to around 15 or so, but it's still flyable. And thats while recording full 1920x1080 32bit videos. That flight took up 10GB by itself of just raw recording. Then, using windows movie maker, compressed it into WMV file around 620MB. The raw video data alone kills my FPS. If I take the resolution down to 1280x768 or so, my FPS gets up to 30-40 in some cases with 25 being pretty low. It's amazing what a little less resolution can do to improve FPS.Most of my limitation is the video cards, being 9800GTXs they're still pretty good, but showing their age. Depending on budget constraints, looking at either dual 6970s in crossfire or 570s in SLI (I play other games besides XP and FSX that actually use the dual cards for benefit). If I were going for a single card, I'd probably go with a 580, but other than that, my rig is pretty inexpensive, but powerful (my wife would complain if it were much more expensive).
Thanks for the reply.I'll probably need to upgrade my graphics card if I want to get more out of a game like XP10. I've only got a GTX 460 and I'm considering upgrading to a 570 soon.

I had a gtx 460 1 gig and was getting 20-30 fps with autogen and roads full max and pretty good weather. Interestingly the card burned out 2 days ago-I replaced it with a 560 gtx 2gig card-now I am screaming 25-40 with additionaly shadows and a few others turned up. I can even run hdr though I haven't found the big deal about it (even checked out the night lighting and didn't really like it).

Guest Ps762

Hi!Many thanks for the video. X-plane 10 looks really nice. I think I even prefer the look of it to default FsX. Less cartoonish and more subdued.Many thanks,Pierre

I had a gtx 460 1 gig and was getting 20-30 fps with autogen and roads full max and pretty good weather. Interestingly the card burned out 2 days ago-I replaced it with a 560 gtx 2gig card-now I am screaming 25-40 with additionaly shadows and a few others turned up. I can even run hdr though I haven't found the big deal about it (even checked out the night lighting and didn't really like it).
is it a 560 TI or just a 560?Also, what processor do you have? I've got a 1st gen i7 at 2.8ghz which I plan to overclock some time. 6GB ram.

Just a 560 (no ti) and I have an i7 2.67 ghz ,12 gigs of ram, and windows 7 64

The only thing I see different with HDR, is that the lights of the terminals reflect off the planes parked at the gates.Which I think is a nice effect. Other than that I don't see anything else about it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I had a gtx 460 1 gig and was getting 20-30 fps with autogen and roads full max and pretty good weather.
I've gotten pretty good performance from the 460 as well. I have autogen set one below max for roads and trees, and two below max for structures, and I generally stay above 30 FPS expect when coming into an airport when AI planes are being rendered on screen, and then it'll drop down to around 25. Even with relatively low framerates, the sim is smooth and responsive.