Sign in to follow this  
Evan Banalian

F33A BONANZA XPLANE 10 Bank problem

Hey everyone, I just bought Carenado F33A BONANZA XPLANE, It's day a night better than the X plane 10 defaults , but one problem I found is the airplane banks to the right or the left sharply when I leave the yoke. Also with the default C172 anytime the flaps are lowered a step bank to the right.I can't trim and leave the yoke in straight and level, this is with standard weather with no wind. I have PFC yoke and pedals. I've tried to play with the joystick sliders but it didn't change that behavior. I have the 3 left sliders all the way to the right for Full stability and 30% for the 3 right sliders on the right and 15% Nullzone.Thanks for any Help.

I don't have this problem and have never had to mess with joystick settings (just used defaults) but have you tried centering your controls in the joy stick settings?Also-try the airleron trim perhaps. Hope you can get it working...

only thing I've noticed is in level cruise it wants to turn a little to the right-I put in a little left aileron trim and that corrected it. To be honest-I haven't checked the fuel-if the right wing has more fuel and is heavier vs. the left that would explain it. They only have a left/right fuel selector-always burned one hour on the left first and then 2 on the right and then back to left but there is always a little imbalance that can be trimmed out. In any case try a little trim and see if that fixes it. I recall I had to do the same on the real plane just in general and I think I had about one inches left on the aileron trim just for normal-after years they get a little out of rig...<edit>I knew I had a shot of the aileron trim position for level flight at least on that bird...However-what you describe may be beyond this. Hopefully there is a solution.

Thanks, But I don't have this problem with the same Airplane in FSX, dose this means it's more realistic in X plane than FSX or this could be fixed in an update for X plane 10 ?Thanks again.

Not really sure-because what you describe sounds like possibly outside what I am talking about. It may be some kind of control issue.On the other hand-yes -I find the xplane model more real than fsx in a lot of realms...How is that for a political answer?... lol.I don't feel a need for a fix at all with my setup (saitek pro yoke, ch pedals)-so I am wondering more about a control issue...

In my experience all of the planes both default and payware exhibit this behavior. Some a little mor than others. With my Ch Flight Sim Yoke, I find it very easy to trim the aileron to get a good balance. You won't be able to trim for a steady course like you were using the auto-pilot, but it shuld trim out to be ale to fly for a couple of minutes before making a gentle correction. I have to aileron trim on all of the planes, in real life he C172 for instance doesn't have aileron trim, nevertheless you have to use it in the sim. I set a rocker switch to this function, to make it easy, the keys are 7 for left trim' 8 center' 9 right right trim. Took me a little practice to get the hang of it in the sim. So in this regard one could say its a bit realistic, but I haven't seen it as a problem.

Try putting your aileron trim in the position of my shot and report back-would be curious..

X Plane exhibits very realistic engine torque and slipstream effects. All RW single engine GA's have engine torque and slipstream as well (That's the reason for all single engine GA's having their props a little off center when viewed from the front.) To counter this in the real world, you need rudder trim, especially on takeoff. If a GA doesn't have aileron trim in the RW, it would need rudder trim. If the propeller slipstream (which spirals from the front to the rear and hits one side of the vertical tail) is not countered with rudder trim, the aircraft will slowly start to yaw, and with yaw, comes the secondary effect of roll (due to the faster flowing air over one wing.)In the case of the engine torque, this can also cause the aircraft to roll slightly.

Not sure but I thought the op was talking about cruise Straight/level when these effects would be at a low...and the F33/deb has a rudder interconnect..

I should have added, that in the real world single engine planes have to have a bit of right rudder applied. planes such as the C172 don't have trim so your right leg does get a bit tired in a long haul it takes constant right rudder input.

Very true-but the bonanza's are a little unique...from Wiki just cause I didn't feel like getting it right..."All Bonanzas share an unusual feature: The yoke and rudder pedals are interconnected by a system of bungee cords that assist in keeping the airplane in coordinated flight during turns. The bungee system allows the pilot to make coordinated turns using the yoke alone, or with minimal rudder input, during cruise flight. Increased right-rudder pressure is still required on takeoff to overcome torque and P-factor. In the landing phase, the bungee system must be overridden by the pilot when making crosswind landings, which require cross-controlled inputs to keep the nose of the airplane aligned with the runway center line without drifting left or right. This feature started with the V-tail and persists on the current production model"

Try putting your aileron trim in the position of my shot and report back-would be curious..
I needed almost to trim all the way to left to fix the problem, yours only a little which didn't fix the problem completely.

Yep-sounds like a hardware /control problem. Hope you can get an answer..

Very true-but the bonanza's are a little unique...from Wiki just cause I didn't feel like getting it right..."All Bonanzas share an unusual feature: The yoke and rudder pedals are interconnected by a system of bungee cords that assist in keeping the airplane in coordinated flight during turns. The bungee system allows the pilot to make coordinated turns using the yoke alone, or with minimal rudder input, during cruise flight. Increased right-rudder pressure is still required on takeoff to overcome torque and P-factor. In the landing phase, the bungee system must be overridden by the pilot when making crosswind landings, which require cross-controlled inputs to keep the nose of the airplane aligned with the runway center line without drifting left or right. This feature started with the V-tail and persists on the current production model"
Hey just like the Ercoupe. While I'm at try XPFR's Ercoupe works well in ver 10 and is fun for leisure.