Sign in to follow this  
Martin Beauchemin

New computer...

Hey guys, I was wondering if this computer I want to purchase will be sufficient enough to run the NGX. Here's the specs:PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ i7-2600 processor (8MB Cache, 3.4GHz) OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® 7 Professional, 64Bit, EnglishMEMORY 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 4 DIMMsHARD DRIVE 2TB Performance RAID 0 (2 x 1TB SATA 3Gb/s 7200 RPM HDDs)GRAPHICS CARD Single AMD Radeon™ HD 6870It's 2383.96$ so I hope this works if not I'll be saving up for alienware...

Ripoff. Anything over 8gb ram is wasted on fsx, even with 64-bit os and that CPU can't be overclocked.I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but I seriously wouldn't pay half that much for that system.

$2383.96 in what currency? In either Canadian or USD I could build two of those systems and still have left over money.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Well it's a dollar sign, so I assumed us or cdn. 3 systems if it's in euros.Seriously though, I'd be happy to walk you through building a pc that will vastly outperform that one for $1000-1500. Send me a pm if you're interested.

Hi Martin,I have to agree with the above. No need for 2T of HD. No need for 16GB's ram. Stay away from the ATI card, FSX works better with Nvida.Get an SSD [c drive] for your OS. Put FSX on A 10,000rpm Raptor drive,[d drive]Get someone to build you a computer for FSX.CheersJFriz

Above 4-6GB that's a waste of money, unless you use 8-12 software/games simultaneously or some hard core pro graphic editing while multitasking.

I used this guide when building my own.http://jetlinesystems.com/performance.php

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Well it's a dollar sign, so I assumed us or cdn.
It was just a question, there are many forum readers and FS users here from Australia and New Zealand as well and his profile doesn't indicate where he is from.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Cut the processor back to i5-2500, cut the RAM back to 8 GB as others have said, and don't get a RAID, especially right now because hard drive prices are elevated for the next few months. 500 to 1000GB of hard drive is plenty - you can add another if you ever fill up. Follow others' advice on the video card Things to buy with the money you save:SSD Solid State Drive. I got a 60GB for about $100, but an even smaller one will work for the operating system. A second monitor. Overclock the processor - my i5-2500 runs at 4 GHz without breaking a sweat.I don't know what prices are like in Canada, but in the US $2400 is way too high.

Are you buying this computer pre-built or do you plan on building this computer yourself? Building a computer is a surprisingly simple process. There are many good websites that can help you, along with the expertise on this forum. Good Luck.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Hi,I've upgraded my system around april/may coming from an iMac 27 2,8Ghz. Ryan helped me through a step by step process:- corsair 600T case (EXCELLENT FOR AIR FLOW, and gorgeous as well)- i5 2500K (mine oc'ed to 4,6Ghz)- P8P67 Mothermoard B3 - GTX 580 (Ryan advised a 570, just to precise)- Corsair Power supply AX series 850W- Liquid cooling Corsair H70 and also have the A70 .These are the main components, i think hard drives, thermo compound are missing, but no big deal here. If you want to be up and running very quick, you can also PM me. I also speak french! LoLcheers