Sign in to follow this  
Tui737

Active Sky 2012 & NGX

HiJust a short message before I go to work. I downloaded last night & managed two short flights, Liverpool to Gatwick & Gatwick-Manchester. I was a REX & ASE user prior but this new product does it all. Not enough flights done yet but will update over weekend. Had no affect on the NGX at all. Much improved weather & a real sense of flying down into clouds. Love visability changes & flying down through fluffy cumulus, the whole thing as a much more natural feel, very close to the real thing infact Must read the manual though & set up as explained. More to follow......

HiJust a short message before I go to work. I downloaded last night & managed two short flights, Liverpool to Gatwick & Gatwick-Manchester. I was a REX & ASE user prior but this new product does it all. Not enough flights done yet but will update over weekend.Had no affect on the NGX at all. Much improved weather & a real sense of flying down into clouds. Love visability changes & flying down through fluffy cumulus, the whole thing as a much more natural feel, very close to the real thing infact Must read the manual though & set up as explained.More to follow......
thx for that i was like u rex and ase but if can get one addon to do both be great let us know the results

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What the over-all performance hit compared to ASE...? (no REX involved)...Thx for sharingMas

What the over-all performance hit compared to ASE...? (no REX involved)...Thx for sharingMas
For me it feels smoother... It may depend on configs though.AS2012 rocks. An improvement over ASE.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I just point it to my shared folders when it prompts me? Then it installed how do I know it's connected to FSX? Currently FSX is blue text, and not connected is greed out? Thanks Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I own both REX and ASE and am a bit confused whether the additional 40 Euros for AS2012 is really worth it, especially considering the FREE update that's about to come:http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14715-announcing-rex-essential/I mean how much better can the AS2012 textures be than the REX ones to justify this amount? Or will the weather engine be so much improved that will really make a difference?Since now I've never had any problems as I used REX for texture and ASE for weather, but now I'm totally confused. Money doesn't fall from the sky and I really don't want to spend 40 Euros for something that won't make any simming difference or I might not use whatsoever.Any ideas or recommendations are appreciated.

I own both REX and ASE and am a bit confused whether the additional 40 Euros for AS2012 is really worth it, especially considering the FREE update that's about to come:http://www.realenvir...-rex-essential/I mean how much better can the AS2012 textures be than the REX ones to justify this amount? Or will the weather engine be so much improved that will really make a difference?Since now I've never had any problems as I used REX for texture and ASE for weather, but now I'm totally confused. Money doesn't fall from the sky and I really don't want to spend 40 Euros for something that won't make any simming difference or I might not use whatsoever.Any ideas or recommendations are appreciated.
Hi,You know what i really think that we should go for AS2012 because you have rwys and water textures now. Furthermore if you consider the best weather engine : Hifi is top notch. (by the way Hifi's snowy runway textures are awesome). GO FOR IT ! Me personaly i dont care about default runway textures etc because i have hundred of sceneries airports, i'm just looking for nice water and cloud textures + very good weather engine: All this with reasonable FPS, at least better than REX's ones.

Hi Guys,IS ASE2012, mainly textures? [use rex so not much use] Or does it change the engine,my concerns in the past have been the performance fluctuations of ASE, but I will update fully and see what happens

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Sounds interesting!Can anyone confirm if AS 2012 works with Aivlasoft EFB?
Confirmed...just make sure EFB is pointed towards C:Users"your name"AppDataRoamingHiFiAS2012Weathercurrent_wx_snapshot.txt

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

I own both REX and ASE and am a bit confused whether the additional 40 Euros for AS2012 is really worth it, especially considering the FREE update that's about to come:http://www.realenvir...-rex-essential/I mean how much better can the AS2012 textures be than the REX ones to justify this amount? Or will the weather engine be so much improved that will really make a difference?Since now I've never had any problems as I used REX for texture and ASE for weather, but now I'm totally confused. Money doesn't fall from the sky and I really don't want to spend 40 Euros for something that won't make any simming difference or I might not use whatsoever.Any ideas or recommendations are appreciated.
Me too, I use ASE and REX and according to me REX overdrive is stunning with water, runways and marking.Thanks for the link about the coming free REX upgrade.I don't think is by now justified to spend 40 euro...At least not now.I'll wait for the REX upgrade.

I don't own AS 2012, but I think I am happy with ASE+REX and won't move until I see a weather engine that does what FS lacks. I am fed up, after spending a lot of money for Activesky, then ASE and REX, with always reading sentences like "FS weather engine is completely unrealistic as to the winds, clouds depiction, precipitation, windshear, etc.". I will buy AS XXXX or whatever weather engine addon only if I have the evidence that it correctly simulates windshear (so that the NGX can correctly simulate the windshear protection) and clouds and precipitation to be seen by a weather radar (so that at PMDG they get convinced to add a weather radar to the NGX). Until then, I don't see such a big improvement brought by these addons if FS weather engine keeps being "completely unrealistic", even after installing them.

James Goggi