Sign in to follow this  
Tui737

Active Sky 2012 & NGX

Has anyone successfully installed XGauge into the NGX panel? When I use the Panel Install Wizard, I get a message stating that the gauge is already installed. I've tried the uninstall option and then install, but get the same message. When I open the panel.cfg file, there is nothing there. Thanks.George Shimada

George Shimada

Has anyone successfully installed XGauge into the NGX panel? When I use the Panel Install Wizard, I get a message stating that the gauge is already installed. I've tried the uninstall option and then install, but get the same message. When I open the panel.cfg file, there is nothing there. Thanks.George Shimada
I didn't want to install that, anything being modified within aircraft that not default is a no no in my books

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

You dont need to, it applies to registered and unregisterd copys.

Chris Howard

For all who already installed AS 2012 and started choose between all different textures, how did you choose lights textures...did you let AS 2012 install spotlight and strobe lights?Reason I ask is I know from the past that some addon a/c don't like when you let external texture programs install these kind of lights and I don't want to risk doing any damage to NGX's default lights which I find very good as they are.
Thats right! it happened with the MD11. I just skip the aircraft lights but installed the runway lights, and if i recall well those lights issue happened with landing lights applied within REX.
Yes worked for me. The installation process is a straight forward process. I first read a couple of Topics on the HIFI forum before heading to simmarket!
I didn't want to install that, anything being modified within aircraft that not default is a no no in my books
Just install it and never open the X-gauge window: pretty simple! Thats what i do.

Thats right! it happened with the MD11. I just skip the aircraft lights but installed the runway lights, and if i recall well those lights issue happened with landing lights applied within REX.
When playing around in AS 2012 I pressed the wx Influence button without thinking and the next thing AS 2012 started installing textures before I had deselected the a/c lights options so I'm afraid the original files have already been overwritten. However I do have a backup of the complete FSX folder structure so what files do I have to restore to get back to default NGX light effects?I never really understood this thing with the lights in FSX, does the NGX install it's own lights since they are so much better than the default landing lights for example in FSX and if yes...does it overwrite the default FSX landing lights file or does it use it's own file(s)?Before restoring I think I will give it a try and see what the lights look like now after installing the AS 2012 textures, maybe they work with the NGX because I think we would already have heard more regarding this if it indeed was a problem considering the default setting in AS 2012 is that the lights will be replaced by AS 2012 textures.

Richard Åsberg

When playing around in AS 2012 I pressed the wx Influence button without thinking and the next thing AS 2012 started installing textures before I had deselected the a/c lights options so I'm afraid the original files has already been overwritten. However I do have a backup of the complete FSX folder structure so what files do I have to restore to get back to default NGX light effects?I never really understood this thing with the lights in FSX, does the NGX install it's own lights since they are so much better than the default landing lights for example in FSX and if yes...does it overwrite the default FSX landing lights file or does it use it's own file(s)?Before restoring I think I will give it a try and see what the lights look like now after installing the AS 2012 textures, maybe they work better because I think there should have been more discussions about this if it indeed was a problem since the default setting is to have AS 2012 replace the lights.
I have done the ASE light thing, the landing and taxi lights are the same in the NGX as they are custom. Undecided about the strobe, they look good, but I am not sure if it's ASE2012 or NGX

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

When playing around in AS 2012 I pressed the wx Influence button without thinking and the next thing AS 2012 started installing textures before I had deselected the a/c lights options so I'm afraid the original files have already been overwritten. However I do have a backup of the complete FSX folder structure so what files do I have to restore to get back to default NGX light effects?I never really understood this thing with the lights in FSX, does the NGX install it's own lights since they are so much better than the default landing lights for example in FSX and if yes...does it overwrite the default FSX landing lights file or does it use it's own file(s)?Before restoring I think I will give it a try and see what the lights look like now after installing the AS 2012 textures, maybe they work with the NGX because I think we would already have heard more regarding this if it indeed was a problem considering the default setting in AS 2012 is that the lights will be replaced by AS 2012 textures.
I've tested this already! Actually i installed all the items to see what they look like. Anyway, IMO the AS2012 are working with the NGX but they are not as intense as the default lights are. But they do work. Sure try it!

I have done the ASE light thing, the landing and taxi lights are the same in the NGX as they are custom. Undecided about the strobe, they look good, but I am not sure if it's ASE2012 or NGX
Ok, thanks!
I've tested this already! Actually i installed all the items to see what they look like. Anyway, IMO the AS2012 are working with the NGX but they are not as intense as the default lights are. But they do work. Sure try it!
Ok but exactly what lights are you talking about because looking at the post above I read the NGX has its custom lights it will use regardless what you choose in AS 2012?

Richard Åsberg

Ok, thanks!Ok but exactly what lights are you talking about because looking at the post above I read the NGX has its custom lights it will use regardless what you choose in AS 2012?
Alright, let me say it again. With aircraft lights applied from AS2012 i had the feeling that all lights appeared to be less intense on the ground: need to check again but 90% sure of this. But I'm now thinking about something else. Is this happening only in combination with as2012 runway light applied? huh..... to be checked!

Ok, thanks!Ok but exactly what lights are you talking about because looking at the post above I read the NGX has its custom lights it will use regardless what you choose in AS 2012?
That's true. You could force other lights via the aircraft.cfg but if you look into the default one for the NGX you will find almost nothing in the [lights] section. The NGX light are hard coded in the model and applying 3rd-party alternatives (you may do this if you want) you'll find out that those will not follow the different suspension and wing movements. Watching your NGX from outside will show to you doubled lights in some (or even most) conditions.

Regards,
Axel

That sun and low vis is awesome!
Agree. Looks to me it is better than in REX. More realistic.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

I upgraded earlier today (from ASE to AS2012). Very satisfied so far. I was attempting (for the first time!!!) approaches into LOWI (Innsbruck, Austria). and while flying thru think clouds I didnt see the stuttering I had noticed earlier. Not sure if AS2012 has copied my original ASE parameters, or if it's a clean install. I'll spend some time tonight or tomorrow looking at the settings.Forgive my ignorance, but there's one thing I cant get my head around. I know you can create different weather graphics (clouds, for example). If I just click on "Wx influenced", without an actual theme, does AS2012 just build the cloud graphics based on the current METAR? Does choosing a particular cloud set enhance those graphics, or does it nullify any METAR readings?