Sign in to follow this  
VOR_Active

LSZH ATIS listening

Hello,sitting at the E23 Gate at LSZH (i have the aerosoft Mega Airport Zürich) Listening to ATIS I get some strange information concerning the runways. As i see from the airport charts, the runways for LSZH are: 14 32, 16 34, 10 28 but from the scrolling ATIS text on top I hear and I see information saying: "VFR Runway in use 32" (so far so good) but after that it continiues with "32R, 30C, 20C, 15C, 10C and it continues in a such manner. All these numbers cannot be runways because Zürich does not have 32R or 30C. So what is going on?Thank you for any help

Hi Panos,If you have any scenery other than the default scenery installed this ATIS behavioure is normal. Scenery designers add invisible runways to make use of crossed runways like Zurich has. Normally the default ATIS and ATC will only give you the runway wich matches to the wind most. With a low wind (eg 5knots) it doesn't matter realy much if you have a nice headwind or a 90° wind from the left or right. However to use the 32 and 34 and 28 or 14 and 16 and 10 at the same time in FSX for the landing/starting AI and the ATC developers add invisible runways which makes the use of all the runways at the same time working. However it sounds a litte bit stupid on the ATIS.Jonathan