Sign in to follow this  
Dumpcore

AS2012 - Main screen doesn't show properly

Hi,Thanks for the excellent work made over FS2012. It offers an incredible realism and graphics quality. The definitive master piece software for weather depicting.During my initial testing, I have found this issue relating with the main screen:32010038.jpg84384375.jpgAs you can see, the botton doesn't show properly the buttons, that are cutted.Never this problem with ASE. My video drivers are updated, and my resolution is 1366x768.Windows 7 Home Edition x64. PPP settings: 100%Thanks.

Hi,Thanks for the excellent work made over FS2012. It offers an incredible realism and graphics quality. The definitive master piece software for weather depicting.During my initial testing, I have found this issue relating with the main screen:32010038.jpg84384375.jpgAs you can see, the botton doesn't show properly the buttons, that are cutted.Never this problem with ASE. My video drivers are updated, and my resolution is 1366x768.Windows 7 Home Edition x64. PPP settings: 100%Thanks.
DPI setting?

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Hi,I'm not sure what's happening here! We include automatic DPI scaling and have tested this at 100%, 125%, 150% without problem. There may be something else going on. We're sorry for the trouble but we will need to investigate this in more detail and try and find a solution. Can you please open a ticket at support.hifitechinc.com? Thank you!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Ok, thanks, but please do contact us with this so we can make sure we get it fixed for you. Since we can't duplicate it right now we need to look at your system, the video/resolution/driver configuration would be our first point of interest.

Damian Clark

Curious to know, what is your actual screen resolution on that box? It looks pretty low... I'm wondering if the low screen resolution is causing some clipping of the AS12 window.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hi DamianI Have same problem.W7 UltimateAMD PHENOM II (X6) 1090 T 4.3 GHZNVIDIA 570 GTX

Hi all,We have about 5 reports of this now, and we are trying to figure it out. Unfortunately this did not come up during a pretty extensive and wide beta test cycle. Those who have this, can you please indicate the following (if you haven't already):-Windows Version-Graphics Card-Windows screen resolution-Windows font/DPI setting (i.e. 100%, 125%)Thank you!

Damian Clark

My screen is also not showing properly, about 1/4 of the right side will not show. I did find by changing the screen resolution to a higher setting the screen does show properly. I am currently running current video drivers. Also found out by increasing the screen resolution higher than 1040 by 768 the main screen does show properly.Winows XP 32 bit.ATI 1 mgb 3650 video cardDPI setting 96Screen Resolution 1024 by 768

Update:Well I'm trying lots of things here to try and identify this. I've been unable to reproduce in 1024x768 or any other resolution/DPI setting on my 5 different systems here (and 8 different monitors), With XP32, Vista32, Vista64 and W7-64. I am now trying various graphics driver versions, although all I have are Nvidia's at the moment. We have reports from Nvidia users too, so at this point it does not appear to be related to anything we originally thought (graphics driver, graphics card, windows version or screen resolution), but the verdict is still out.We had no reports of this during our beta process and at the moment it looks like about 1% of customers are affected. It's obviously very isolated.Thanks for your patience and any additional details you can provide as we attempt to identify this and provide a solution.

Damian Clark

Ok, good news, we've identified and solved this. Thanks to those who provided input and confirmed the fix.We are preparing a publicly available hotfix update, but in the mean time, if you are experiencing this issue, please contact us at http://support.hifitechinc.com and we can provide you with the update files.Thank you!

Damian Clark

Dear DamianYou wrote "We are preparing a publicly available hotfix update" Is this update ready for download somwhere?Thanks for your helpMark

Dear DamianYou wrote "We are preparing a publicly available hotfix update" Is this update ready for download somwhere?Thanks for your helpMark
It should be incorporated in the current Beta - announced for download above...DJ