Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Graphic Corruption & Studdering During Wx Download/Synthesis

Congrats on the release Gentlemen!I have an issue and it might somehow be related to the "Stripes in the Sky" thread. I have installed AS2012 and used it for a couple of flights thus far however, I seem to be suffering from some graphics corruption during the weather downloads/synthesis. I still have the green and red text messages showing on screen telling me what is going on and it seems that during the download of Wx information from new stations or when updated information is being downloaded the top 1/3 of my screen becomes scrambled and frame rates drop into the low teens or even single digits. Once the download is complete and the message "updated information for x number of stations has been complete" everything goes back to normal.I want to say I have seen this before in ASE but I don't remember how I fixed it?I am not currently using DWCI know this is a stretch but, Is there anything new in AS2012 which might not get along with the graphics driver I was using while running ASE?V/RRobert

RE Thomason Jr.

Hi Robert,I can't say what might be causing this, it is very odd that wx downloads would affect anything regarding to your display. Please contact our support department (support.hifitechinc.com) and we can troubleshoot this. Off the top of my head I would try a graphics driver update, and confirm it only happens during wx downloads by disabling automatic downloads for a while to confirm.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Robert,Try disabling the In-Sim Text Messages in the AS options.

If its the flashing sky then it is because you are using Standard weather depiction. AS2012 seemed to fix that for me so far, but more testing is needed to be sure. The stuttering is related as well. For now switch to DWC.

If its the flashing sky then it is because you are using Standard weather depiction. AS2012 seemed to fix that for me so far, but more testing is needed to be sure. The stuttering is related as well. For now switch to DWC.
That's what I seem to remember causing this problem for me when I was using ASE. I switched back to DWC mode and upped the texture resolution in the graphics section and the problem seems to have gone away.
Robert,Try disabling the In-Sim Text Messages in the AS options.
I tried that but it does not seem to be related, I'm going to eventually disable them but for now I sort of like watching them while I work with the new program.BTW Damian just wanted to say how much I am enjoying the new runway textures I think they are exceptional. Have not had a chance to look at all the textures because the way I evaluate them is to either load randomly and pick a flight, or let the program select them based on a flight plan, either way I don't look at what has been loaded so I remain unbiased. During the course of my flights I keep a spiral notebook by my system and just make brief notes about what I enjoyed or didn't over the course of the flight. Only then I'll go back in and see what textures were being used, overtime favorites emerge and those are what get placed into a theme and saved as snapshots; It works well, just takes some time.Anyway thanks all for the help and the nice new program!

RE Thomason Jr.