Sign in to follow this  
guillaume36

how real is the pmdg vs the real 737

I wonder i fly the ngx and understanding the most systems.haw would it be with the real aircraft vs the pmdg.i ment can this plane be used for learning the systems for real pilotsgreetings from the netherlands

I wouldn´t be a passenger if pilots only should use the NGX systems when learning...... HuuhBUT ...what I understand, those real NG pilots here on this very sitehave said ( if I remember it right) that this plane is as closed it could be to the real thing, on a computer desk only.No, pilots have to go through very hard tuff trainings and readings for years. There´s no shortcut for them. But again....I´m sure they could be very well prepared, if they had trained themselves, as you and me, in thissim with the NGX, before starting there real training and education. So detailed is the systems I guess. (No pilot myself..LOL)/ Leffe

I wouldn´t be a passenger if pilots only should use the NGX systems when learning...... HuuhBUT ...what I understand, those real NG pilots here on this very sitehave said ( if I remember it right) that this plane is as closed it could be to the real thing, on a computer desk only.No, pilots have to go through very hard tuff trainings and readings for years. There´s no shortcut for them.But again....I´m sure they could be very well prepared, if they had trained themselves, as you and me, in thissim with the NGX, before starting there real training and education. So detailed is the systems I guess. (No pilot myself..LOL)/ Leffe
The Wilco 737PIC had me ready for a Level-D at US Airways' training facility a few years ago. My friend who went to the Saab 340 used some of his training material in conjunction with my Flight Factory Simulations 340 sim to practice system flows. Point in case, obviously there's more to pilot training than this, but per the OP's question: Absolutely!I bet you could land the 737 IRL if you practiced enough with a yoke and the NGX in the sim.im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I bet you could land the 737 IRL if you practiced enough with a yoke and the NGX in the sim.im%20Not%20Worthy.gif
And I would bet the plane would end up wrecked and the pilot and the passengers would end up injured and/or dead.However I would say that a safe AUTOland is a very real possibility for anyone who is fluent with any complex-level airplane add-on of the respective type in simulator. Unless something goes wrong (NO LAND type failure)

The Wilco 737PIC had me ready for a Level-D at US Airways' training facility a few years ago. My friend who went to the Saab 340 used some of his training material in conjunction with my Flight Factory Simulations 340 sim to practice system flows. Point in case, obviously there's more to pilot training than this, but per the OP's question: Absolutely!I bet you could land the 737 IRL if you practiced enough with a yoke and the NGX in the sim.im%20Not%20Worthy.gif
I know what you mean Zach, but as you said (think you did).....there´s more to it. Navigation, Airspace, .....and don´t no what.LOL, maybe I´m guessing only, but again beeing a real Co.pilot or even a Capt is years of training.But of course, making a land perhaps, not beeing a full skilled pilot.....that´s perhaps possible if trained in this NGX./ Leffe

The NGX would be a great training tool for those who have experience already, and are already pilots and get ahead of the curve by learning the systems if going for a type rating. FSX in general is great for learning procedures etc.. I practiced a lot 20 or so years ago learning instrument approaches with msfs, and it really did help. To the post above, someone with no experience in a real aircraft would probably freeze under pressure, but someone with a lot of experience flying with no hours on a 737 would be able to land just fine.

Tony Fontaine

I don't think that the many RW pilots that appear to enjoy this hobby and this a/c in particular would do so if it were not at a certain level of realism.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

A friend of mine just completed his type rating for the 737ng. I adviced him to use the NGX to get a feel for workflows etc. He said that the systems in the sim were very good, however, the flight dynamics were "lolbad" according to his comments.

And I would bet the plane would end up wrecked and the pilot and the passengers would end up injured and/or dead.However I would say that a safe AUTOland is a very real possibility for anyone who is fluent with any complex-level airplane add-on of the respective type in simulator. Unless something goes wrong (NO LAND type failure)
If the weather was perfect and the pressure did not get to them I think someone with a lot of time in the NGX with a yoke and throttle has a decent chance of making a safe (not smooth or good) landing. Two examples were mythbusters where one of the guys on the show landed an A320 Level-D sim with help from someone acting as the pilot on the radio. Another example I saw recently on the t.v. show The Amazing Race, three groups had to land a level-D lear jet sim they were put right up to final and everything. The two person teams had to putn the gear down, flaps and disenage the A/P at 500ft. Two out of the three groups landed the aircraft "safely" not well but good enough to not hurt anyone on the first try. I doubt these people had any type of flying skills as that is what they said in interviews. Landing an airliner safely, no wind conditions is not the most difficult thing int he world to do. Pilots get paid for bad weather, failures, complicated approaches and ATC etc..But I am confident that if a hard-core NGX pilot was vectored to final on a light wind, clear day they would be able to land the aircraft without autoland. I wont be smooth but people would walk out of the aircraft.Just my opinion of course.

Fair enough.Just remembered:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2FRR2kFe8g

The NGX is as good as it gets as regards desktop simulation.I have been comparing it's performance and features to a levelD simand a 737NG FTD for the last 2 months and I am giving it 9.5/10( with a bit more work on custom waypoints etc, I will be giving it 10/10 )Fred.

For your information, pilots with ATPL licenses, at least in some western countries, get a B737NG type rating, without flying one minute in the real plane. Following a few months of theoretical studies, they spend less than a week in a LEVEL-D simulator for practical training, during which normal and unusual procedures are trained, then proficiency tested. The type rating qualifies you to fly the aircraft, in other words you are qualified to replace the captain when the situation requires so. Following this, it is up to the operator to decide if and what further training and experience is required for qualification as airline first officer. Such training would be carried on regular scheduled passenger flights with the captain qualified as flight instructor.

I wouldn´t be a passenger if pilots only should use the NGX systems when learning...... HuuhBUT ...what I understand, those real NG pilots here on this very sitehave said ( if I remember it right) that this plane is as closed it could be to the real thing, on a computer desk only.No, pilots have to go through very hard tuff trainings and readings for years. There´s no shortcut for them.But again....I´m sure they could be very well prepared, if they had trained themselves, as you and me, in thissim with the NGX, before starting there real training and education. So detailed is the systems I guess. (No pilot myself..LOL)/ Leffe