Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

"Time Compression" in XP10?

I've looked up "compression", "speed", and "acceleration" in the manual which ships with the demonstration, but I have found nothing to answer this question:Does XP10 have any semblance of time compression to shorten up long trips? What are the limitations of it (with or without an autopilot, max compression rate, etc. etc.)Thanks kindly,-Greg

try the key "T" - toggling 2x, 4x, ... etc. At least that is how it works in version 9 (haven't tried in 10 yet).edit: or actually "alt+T". sorry not sure without starting the sim myself. but it should be there.

Time compression doesn't work, I tried crtl-T. The AI planes are still moving at a snail's pace on the tarmac.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Hate to bring up an old topic, but I needed some time compression yesterday and couldn't find the feature. Is it implemented yet?

Hi

Ctrl+t only works for XP 9.7

For XP 10 select from menus Location/Local Maps at  bottom left of map select from:

0 - speed track

2 - speed track

4 - speed track

or

6 - speed track

Nick

Ctrl-T works, but will only give you higher rates if your system can handle it... On mine, depending on the complexity of the aircraft / scenery, I 've seen from a simple 1.2  to 3.0

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

What Jcomm posted is right on.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

For systems that can handle it (or if you turn options down/off), there's also the X-Speed plugin that lets you go up to 10x sim speed. Its current downsides are:

- only 32-bit

- displays the target simspeed but not the actual simspeed multiplier like the built-in XP10 commands do. You can guesstimate it by running the sim-timer and outputting it to screen... if 10 sim-seconds pass in one real-second, it's obviously going 10x.

X-Speed was absolutely indispensable when developing and testing groundroutes at CYYZ Toronto Pearson International for World Traffic.