Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Activesky DWC Mode Users - Please read / New FSUIPC Fix

If you use FSUIPC and a version of ActiveSky in DWC mode, do yourself a favor and go get Pete's latest version 4.7.51 or later. It a has a major global weather mode fix. It gave new life to DWC mode for me with all FSUIPC weather settings off. Funny thing was, if you have some FSUIPC smoothing enabled, the flaky global weather was not apperant.My suggestion, try DWC mode now without any FSUIPC settings - it was like night and day for me.In the NGX, I now have a completely smooth flight with the slightest touch of turbulance as I passed through the cloud layers during testing. No more wildly swinging winds, bouncing me all over the place - all without any FSUIPC smoothing.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I, as well, am very pleased with the Pete Dawson's upgrade. It also eliminates wind-lock. By that I mean the failure of the wind speed and direction to correctly change in descent. Prior to the upgrade it was not uncommon to end up with upper-level wind values still present on final approach. My unrealistic workaround was to exit to the weather menu window periodically and then return to FSX as I descended. I just flew a test flight with the new upgrade. Wind direction and speed changed perfectly in accordance to what ASE was predicting for each altitude. I flew another flight in STANDARD and it also presented correct winds on entire descent and approach without any action from me. With this new success I find that upgrading to Hi-Fi's new 2012 version may not be necessary. The new textures look enticing, but for 40 Euro...? As long as I can get reliable performance (or as good as can be expected from FSX flawed wx engine) I am a happy camper. This new upgrade seems to do the trick.

"DWC" stands for Direct Wind Control... One the way AS injects WX in FS...The user can choose between 3 ways/modes.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Please refer to the best description posted on page 7 in the AS2012 manual mentioned here:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/356430-as2012-docs-online/For other specific ActiveSky questions, the HiFiSim developer' forum is just below the PMDG forums here on AVSIM. I started the OP for NGX drivers who may not be yet aware of the solution.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Thanks for the heads up, Al. Just downloaded and installed over the old registration. I'll test it a bit tonight.Does this mean I'll have no more "dancing" IAS?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

As an update, I'm currently in en route to KMIA from MYNN, a short hop. So far under DWC, everything is perfect. No dancing IAS and turbulence has seemed much more realistic. Thanks again for the heads up!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Installing 4.751 creates a problem. FSX will not start up, complains of an RXP DLL missing, and then just sits there. It may be that some setup file is munged, or perhaps a resource conflict.Restoring the partition from backup, removes the problem, running the 4.751 installer again recreates it.Win7/64, install FSUIPC with admin rights, UAC off.* Orest

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Is the new FSUIPC beneficial for those using REX weather?
Considering that 'S' turn issues weren't confined to ActiveSky I would suggest yes.Also note that FSUIPC was updated to 4.751a to resolve an FSX exit issue.

I insrtalled the "new" 4751 and got numerous black screens in FSX!
You must have 4.70 install prior to update

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"