Sign in to follow this  
xamil

Fsx won't start anymore

Hello CaptainsAfter I updated my nvidia driver to the latest fsx won't start. After the welcome logo an error message pops up:"This graphics card does not meet minimum requirements for shader support. This product requires a geforce3/radeon8500 class or better graphics card. Flight simulator will exit now"I can only click ok then after a few seconds another pop up: Fatal error occurred, check solution or restart program. Obviously my evga gtx580 is enough for fsx. I tried to reinstall the nvidia driver but did not helped. Any help would be appreciated if it is possible to solve this issue without reinstalling fsx, because it takes ages to install all addons and setup widefs and simconnect.ThanksLaszlo

Thanks for helping. Tried that also, but no good. Same pop ups.

Seems to me it certainly is related to updating that video driver.I would probably try a new install of the driver - however, I would uninstall the one you have now, and then run Driver Sweeper to clean out any remnants, then do a fresh clean install of the driver. If that does not work, maybe go back to the previous driver you had and see if it works normally then?

Thanks for the tip haven't heard of driver sweeper before. Will check it out tonight.

Try re-installing DirectX.Also, make sure you have the latest updates for Windows 7 installed.And, rebuild shader cache and delete the FSX.cfg.