Sign in to follow this  
out

Cracow EPKK anyone?

Aha, that's how you do it . LOL.gifI have just downloaded the scenery. It really is something special. I had all sorts of shimmering issues but was able to tweak my settings in N-hancer to get it right. Plus I deleted all the static aircraft, which I never like. I would like to find some more complex Sids and Stars other than what was provided, but can't wait to try it out, which I won't have time to do now as I must do some cooking and shopping (which I forgot to do yesterday) !

I had all sorts of shimmering issues but was able to tweak my settings in N-hancer to get it right.
If you don't mind, Tristan: What did you change in the nHancer settings to reduce shimmering?

That surely is fantastic looking scenery, I envy you guys.

\Robert Hamlich/

I envy you guys
No need to. Just wait two or three weeks at most and you will be able to buy the FSX version. nodding-1.gifIn the meantime there is a lot of other gorgeous stuff to fly around, e.g. see the free CYVR released just a moment ago.EDIT: Right, CYVR is FS9 too...

I would like to find some more complex Sids and Stars other than what was provided
Don't spend too much time looking for them :)Krakow doesn't have any SIDs in real life and only two (ok, hardly four) STARs that _never_ get used when radar service is provided. They only make more or less sense during procedural ATC and even then most of ATC staff don't use them.

Regards,

Radek

If you don't mind, Tristan: What did you change in the nHancer settings to reduce shimmering?
Hi Rafal,Under the Enhancements tab..Anti Aliasing box ticked, Supersampling selected and (this is the change) 1x2 selected rather than 2x1.
Don't spend too much time looking for them :)Krakow doesn't have any SIDs in real life and only two (ok, hardly four) STARs that _never_ get used when radar service is provided. They only make more or less sense during procedural ATC and even then most of ATC staff don't use them.
Ok many thanks.Tristan

Aha, that's how you do it . LOL.gifI have just downloaded the scenery. It really is .osomething special. I had all sorts of shimmering issues but was able to tweak my settings in N-hancer to get it right. Plus I deleted all the static aircraft, which I never like. I would like to find some more complex Sids and Stars other than what was provided, but can't wait to try it out, which I won't have time to do now as I must do some cooking and shopping (which I forgot to do yesterday) !
Is there an option that allows you to install without static aircraft?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Is there an option that allows you to install without static aircraft?
No. But you can easily remove them afterwards. The manual covers it quite well, by the way.But before you do, please have a look at them. They are really cool and add a lot to the airport ambience.

Some quick screenshots. No artism, no edition but small size. Just to give you the feeling.ddepkk12.jpgThe scenery covers so much more than the airport itself. I could watch the whole city and lots of buildings when on finals.ddepkk09.jpgEvery detail outside has been touched. There are cars, people, trees, even litter bins. The airport is just ALIVE.ddepkk01.jpgOK, here's my aircraft after arriving from Berlin as BER8900.ddepkk05.jpgThere are a lot of static and animated apron vehicles and objects.ddepkk06.jpgThat 767 is static. Looks really great, but if you are a realism geek you can remove it as Cracow ceased LOT's transatlantic routes.ddepkk16.jpgI was kindly given permission to take some apron photos before my return flight to Tegel.ddepkk15.jpgOne of them is me but it is Top Secret, so don't ask, lol.

Bald headed guy looks suspect there Rafal. DD gets better and better with each release. I own most fo their stuff but will wait this one out for FSX.....(looks awesome)

Bear in mind that DD sells professional static scenery, inc. aircraft, to other developers. :(

No. But you can easily remove them afterwards. The manual covers it quite well, by the way.But before you do, please have a look at them. They are really cool and add a lot to the airport ambience.
Thanks Rafal, I'll be getting it very soon now :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Bald headed guy looks suspect there
Al, you should be an agent yourself! nodding-1.gif
I'll be getting it very soon now
Your girlfriend will regret this gift, discovering you want to spend more time at EPKK than with her. :wink:Have fun in Cracow, everybody!It is such a fine scenery that I am temporally moving my FS homebase from Frankfurt/Munich to southern Poland (where I actually live).ddepkk11.jpgddepkk08.jpgddepkk07.jpgddepkk03.jpgPS Oliver Pabst, we need your AES here!

This is seriously one of the most realistic texturing I have seen ever. I'll almost surely get it whenever it is released for FSX.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case