Sign in to follow this  
mrscott

black screen issue

hy everyonei have an issue with my 737ngx, when i am flying i normaly fast forward long flights (x8 normaly)when i want to go back to the "normal" mode i get a black screen, sometimes also when i exit an fsx menu like the map. the flight is still going, you can heare the sounds en when you move your mouse, you can see where the buttons are, but you only see a black screen. i got fsx, win vista home premium 32 bit, 4gb ram. please can someone help memr scott

Check to see if you have the latest graphic card drivers for your card.You can find out by going the G-card's manufactures website, select your card and see the driver version number - Compare to yours.Not saying thats the problem, but trial and error.Proccessor ; ?Graphics card ; ?OS : VistaRAM : 4gb.

have you tried cycling full screen and windowed mode

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

have you tried cycling full screen and windowed mode
Ditto...that's how I get around it.Andrew Vincent

I've had this exact same problem. I found out that there are two types of black screens in FSX, which both seem identical but are still different. The first one is a black screen that can be recoverable by cycling full screen by pressing ALT+ENTER. The second one happens sometimes when exiting or entering menus, or watching replays. These ones are not recoverable by cycling full screen and windowed mode. Do you have ENB series installed? I've stopped using it since a few days, and the black screens are gone.

Have the same problem, but only in multiplayer. Infact have had nothing but problems since getting this aircraft. Fine for free flight but multiplayer is hopeless!Such a shame and had no help from PMDG.

i got a AMD athlon 62x2 dual core processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz and a Asus EAH5570 1gb graphical card.i don't have ENB series.the issue always happens by exiting fsx menus and fast forwarding mr scott

So have you tried cycling full screen and winowed as the guys said ? I have this problem sometimes and wasn't sure until i read this how to fix it so thank you for the help guys.

I'm also experiencing this.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I've add a new "UIAutomationCore" (found somewhere on google) to the fsx folder and i have cycled between the full and windowed mode but the problem is still there. :( mrscott

I've add a new "UIAutomationCore" (found somewhere on google) to the fsx folder and i have cycled between the full and windowed mode but the problem is still there. :( mrscott
'Ctrl Alt Del' then push 'Cancel' also works for me. Update your display drivers next.Just an observation of mine but most problems with FSX are cured by deleting fsx.cfg and let it rebuild itself. Forget all of the tweaks except 'HIMEMFIX=1' and 'WideViewAspect = True' to start with and see how you go. The only other tweak which some people seem to need is TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD = 4096 but mine is great at 1024 with addon scenery. I have been doing this for a few years now and the results are all very inconclusive, but trust me and build a new fsx.cfg.I have faultless performance by defaulting to the hang glider then loading a saved NGX situation. Loading a default NGX situation is asking for trouble. If only I could understand the MyTrafficX Editor manual - What a nightmare !! Great programme with minimal FPS impact but so confusing to build a realistic schedule. Anybody...?Andrew Vincent

i'have tried it for a long time but the problem always returns.

When i delete the fsx .cfg it went good for one flight and then the problem is back.

i really hope there's a solution. :sad:

I had this problem for a while and tought it was gone after an upgrade to 8 gig memory. Then again after a while the problem occured again. Recently I found out by accident that in one way or the other "something" altered my cfg file. I have a permanent shortcut on my desktop to its destination map: "youre computer name" /AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX. So each time I checked the cfg file and found out that the added HIGHMEMFIX was gone, Texture Max Load whas a different number, and the specific tweak I deleted for the use of the 4 cores whas back in place. This was not 1 accident but happended every time I when simming! So eacht time I altered the whole file and the next time is was back in the wrong state. Even after deleting the whole file. I am not a computer wizz but think it had something to to with the Bojoto, or whats his name, tweaks I once added but didn't help for me. Btw: i have been simming for many years now and not a single one (!) tweak ever helped me getting any better screen quality or framerate. So "somewhere" there must be something from where the cfg file is reading it's old settings. I deleted the cfg file: fsx.CFG (the one with the rules in it) and also the other cfg file: fsx (the one with a notebook tumbnale in it). Mind you, the latter one also makes certain software unavailable like Traffic X so you have to re-install these again! And also: all youre FX settings will be erased (not the "controll" ones though), so make a note or screenshots from all your settings! I also deleted any backup cfg file I had stored on my computer even the ones on a seperate/different drive. Then I started FX again and let it build everything clean up. I once again added the HIGHMEMFIX line and altered the Texture Max Load. Untill now (knock-on-wood) I do not have these problems anymore. Still each time before simmimg I check my cfg, just to know. I hope my "solution" may help any of you.

Here are my tips for an optimum working FX and a happy simmer:

Stop looking at the framerates, enjoy your hobby and don't be overwhelmed with the data other people write in their posts. To me, no PC is the same, find the best setting in the game for your PC system and be happy with it.

If you can afford it pay for a download accelerator. I recently bought this piece of software and it really makes a different in the downloadspeed. Especcially with the large files we have now a days. It saves you about one third to half the time (DSL). Defrag regurarly, I do it almost after every flight and or with new software. I use payware wich does it quite fast, "Defraggler" is good and for free. This is how I install: download the software to a separate map on a separate partition on my C-drive. Defrag the download. Install the software to the FX folder (on a separate drive). Defrag the FX folder. Restart the computer. Fly the flight.

Over the years I bought several NVIDEA cards. None off them made my framerates better but surely gave me a noticable better image. As you can read in many posts, only the core/processor can make youre PC faster.

At this moment I have an OC version graphis card, to me it makes no difference if I overclock the card, it doesn't get better, so I leave it as it is.

What I have now is: Quadcore Q9300 2.50GHz, NVIDEA GTX260, 8GB ram/DDR2 at only 399MHz/2x WD HD/7200 rpm, one for the system, one for FX.

With the superb NGX i get in combination with Ezdok, REX and Traffic X (at 40%) and watersetting mid 2x a framerate between 8-12 in vc on add-on airports like EHAM or EGLL, 12-18 on standard FX airports and 18-25 when at flightlevel 25000.

Sometimes I experience a good smooth game, I check the rates and it is only 12! So mind you, don't let yourselve be frustrated by continue looking at the rate, leave it off and enjoy your flight experience!

Happy simming and kind regards,

Mark Carrick