Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Anyone heard if ATC will be improved in Flight?

Now THAT would be something I'd upgrade for! With so many wonderful 3rd party aircraft and scenery there is no question we have a platform that already really works so well it really wouldn't be horrible if another major upgrade never showed up. ATC though could really use some improving. I used RC for a while but then lost interest w/ the concatenated quality of the audio, and a certain lack of seamless integration over the default ATC.Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I think that they will simplify it to make it better for arcade gamers.

Yeah, something like: " Hey tower, gimme an high five ! I'm just slapping my ******* *** on your...come on everybody do you wanna get down.... runway !! Yahooooooo Whaaaaass uuuuuupp ?! "You know the feeling

Lets not spread rumors. There is NO evidence whatsoever that it is being dumbed down.

Brandon Filer

Yeah, something like: " Hey tower, gimme an high five ! I'm just slapping my ******* *** on your...come on everybody do you wanna get down.... runway !! Yahooooooo Whaaaaass uuuuuupp ?! "You know the feeling
It would be fun that way LOL.gif

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Lets not spread rumors. There is NO evidence whatsoever that it is being dumbed down.
rumors .. hehe. Its clearly comedy. Rumors have to be at least believable.... so relax

If only the built-in ATC system were accessible via SimConnect, a variety of options would spawn for voice control. Instead, we only have one product that has hacked FSX, but as nobody else has the ability to access the information, they are the one and only product that can interface with default ATC. One limitation of voice control is that the built-in ATC doesn't know if you're transmitting or finished and could step on you while you're reading back a long clearance.Build in the ability to tell the ATC system when you start transmitting a response as well as the ability to read the available choices externally and the 3rd party ability to tap into this could make the ATC system stellar.

They said they wanted to make it more accessible. Now look at any developer who made a similar claim and tell me what happened to their games. Civilization V is a good case study.

They said they wanted to make it more accessible. Now look at any developer who made a similar claim and tell me what happened to their games. Civilization V is a good case study.
Thats true. I absolutely love Civ IV but havent touched V at all after I found out how badly its simplified..

It would be great if they could improve on ATC but I am mostly hoping that at the very least they don't leave it out! Together with ATC they could also improve on AI aircraft, especially the way they behave on the ground.Concerning Civilization: I like both versions. Sometimes I miss the depth that Civ IV had, but is was also not without its problems and it had a number of upgrades that Civilization V is still lacking. I hope that the developers don't concentrate on the easy money from DLC's but are considering real addons for Civ V as well.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

You wont need much ATC cause hawaii is not that big :(
Ha...funny one, you have a great sense of humor, WRONG!!
You wont need much ATC cause hawaii is not that big :(
Ha...funny one, you have a great sense of humor, WRONG!!

Rumors have to be at least believable.... so relax
Well don't start them in the first place and we wouldn't have to waste our time reading through pages of crap!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.