I wonder if those already using AS2012 could coment on the performance. I do not yet have the recommended Intel i series CPU I'm still running a Core2 Quad Q9650 at 3.0GHz, with 4GB DDR2 RAM and a Geforce GTX550Ti 1.0GB video card.Has anyone with a similar setup got AS2012 and if so does it run ok? Thanks.Iain Smith

What, nobody? Surely an early user of AS2012 can comment on whether they noticed a performance hit? Please.Iain Smith

Hi Iain,I cant comment on your specs as such but, i do know that for me i see a perf gain over ASE (if u had this?) smoother updates and like Matias running all the resolutions at default hd settings, thats with fsx sliders to the right and using the ngx. I maintain 22-30 fps locked with the limiter and very smooth.

Chris Howard

Hi Iain,For me, this is by far the best performing weather engine I've ever used! Way smoother than ASE and other programs I tried over the past 10 or so years. I'm not a programmer but have been on HiFi's beta team since the very beginning, so I can only speak from a testers perspective. The code changes and/or improvements Damian made make this the smoothest weather engine ever. Make sure you get the latest fsuipc update and you'll be in heaven :-) Again, as a beta tester I may be biased, but this is hands down the perfect weather add on. Cheers,Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

No performance hit at all, actually runs better on my windows xp 32 bit, using the gtx 460 video card, and xp recognizes 3.3 gig of the 4 gig ocz ram, cpu intel core 2 E8400 3.0 ghz.. I still manage to get between 25 and 45 fps.

Don't have the link handy but a user did several test flights and commented that there was a 15% increase in FPS over REX - using 32bit/4096. It's in the main AVsim FSX forum.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thank you all for your replies - all very encouraging. I'm off to d/load it now (thankfully I have a fast broadband connection).Iain Smith