Sign in to follow this  
gabejo

Screen Resolution Suggestions

Good dayI've been looking at some similar posts regarding screen resolution and haven't yet hit one that approximates my question, if there is one there, I have missed it. The issue is this. I just purchased the 700-900 series and noticed that from the outside the A/C seems distorted--as if it is stretched etc. I know it has to do with resolution settings of some sort. I am running a dell 23" with a recommended resolution of 1280x1024. The odd thing to me is the distortion is not evident in the selection menu where you can select free-flight etc. I also did not notice this on the other A/C until the 737. I did the recommended "fix" in the .cfg file for a wide view aspect. I suspect its something simple. (I hope) I've included a screen shot which shows the fuselage more oval than round.Many ThanksGary

Good dayI've been looking at some similar posts regarding screen resolution and haven't yet hit one that approximates my question, if there is one there, I have missed it. The issue is this. I just purchased the 700-900 series and noticed that from the outside the A/C seems distorted--as if it is stretched etc. I know it has to do with resolution settings of some sort. I am running a dell 23" with a recommended resolution of 1280x1024. The odd thing to me is the distortion is not evident in the selection menu where you can select free-flight etc. I also did not notice this on the other A/C until the 737. I did the recommended "fix" in the .cfg file for a wide view aspect. I suspect its something simple. (I hope) I've included a screen shot which shows the fuselage more oval than round.Many ThanksGary
Shut down and restart works for me. I sometimes get this after I crash (as in aircraft crash).Andrew Vincent

1280X1024 is not wide screen !1680X1050 will give you a nice 16:10 ratio.That's the default on a Dell 22"
Jason, that works! I do have about an inch black "black bar" on either end of the screen but at least the AC look normal and the FMC display looks normal...I can live with that...many thanks

If you have a recommended resolution of 1280x1024 with a 23" monitor somethings either wrong or your video card is just pretty aged. The best performance and bug free is normally recommended 100% of the time. Newer video cards isn't that big of a deal but even it's issues can often be traced to using something that direct draw just slipped and fell on. In any case, I would do whatever you have to for your taste, but when time (and money) permits, upgrade whatever needs to upgraded for a better recommended resolution. Normally that would also be max in most cases. I also don't understand that you could do 1680x1050 on a system that has a recommended res of 1280x1024. Something doesn't sound right and I would rather get to the bottom of an issue than create a work around. If it's not looking right, there should be a reason. Just trying to help.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Turbine...thanks. I'm running a ATI Radeo HD 5800 card and my system is a 2.67 GH i7. I'm not sure how or what to do with the card settings. As I said this wasn't an issue until I installed the PMDG. The strange thing as I noted is on the FSX selection menus, everything looks "normal" in terms of aspect etc. Gary