Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

IRIS C-27J Spartan

Hi guys,while IRIS having it´s $10 sale on the Flightsimstore, I came across this plane of them I own several addons from David and his team and I´m really looking forward to his new F-15E. What do you think about the C-27J? Is it worth the money?

All right. Could you just make an test flight and tell me how good it is (VC, performance, sound, general look)?

VC is alright, not terrible.. not stellar.. cockpit reminds me of the F-22 in regards to textures, detail.. etcSounds could not be judged as my most recent patch has wierded out sound on my PC..FDE performance is just ok.. the 1.20 patch screwed up the FDE's,. not stellar like the A-10 or the F-14. Several issues on their forums in the support pages. their guy in charge says they will revisit a patch in the new year. I just found a bug,, if you crash the plane, when the sim reloads and you use autostart, the engines don't start...General Look, The plane does look good.For $10 it's not bad and has potential to be quite a bit better once a patch comes out.Currently the guy in charge at Iris is out of commission for a bit. He just recently got out of surgery and is recovering.-Damien

Thought I'd chime in on this one.I bought the C-27 last night and have been nothing but disappointed!

• FMC and Radio Controls INOP
  • Crew Autostart doesn't start the engines properly
  • All Realism settings must be set to Easy just to takeoff and fly due to an FDE editing mistake by IRIS
  • Cannot zoom in or out the EHSI making it nearly impossible to use as an orientation device

I love their A-10 but the C-27 is not deserving of the Platinum label, and had I not paid only $10 for it, I would be up in arms over it. Here's hoping to a patch in the new year.And their F-15 is OFF my must buy list and moved to the waiting for a sale list.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

As Pmanhart states the realism settings have to be turned all the way down due to an error on Iris's part that they don't intend on fixing. In addition the FDE isn't even close to what the real Spartan is capable of. I give it two thumbs down at any price.

Thought I'd chime in on this one.I bought the C-27 last night and have been nothing but disappointed!
  • FMC and Radio Controls INOP
  • Crew Autostart doesn't start the engines properly
  • All Realism settings must be set to Easy just to takeoff and fly due to an FDE editing mistake by IRIS
  • Cannot zoom in or out the EHSI making it nearly impossible to use as an orientation device

I love their A-10 but the C-27 is not deserving of the Platinum label, and had I not paid only $10 for it, I would be up in arms over it. Here's hoping to a patch in the new year.And their F-15 is OFF my must buy list and moved to the waiting for a sale list.

Well, I finally took the plunge and got it. (10 Bucks won´t hurt that much!)The outside is top notch and the sounds are also nicely done. But the interior is way below their abilities, esspecially the grafics on the MFD´s. They seem to be a bit too thick and done without any love.I´m currently on the test flight with the Cost Guard livery from Melbourne to Moruya. I wasn´t able to reach FL200. The weight was with 62.000lb way below the MTOW but as i approached 20.000ft the speed began dropping and I finally stalled although the engines were on full throttle. Now I´m cruising stable on 15.000ft with 260 KIAS. Strange thing through.If they get the FMS running it will be a very lovely one. I think every company (except PMDG) has its weak moments and this seems to such an weak moment. Nevertheless I think I'll get the F-15E. The pictures loos very compromising.