Sign in to follow this  
brucek

FTX New Zealand South Island

I purchased and downloaded this a few nights ago. While I live in the Denver area now, I was born and raised on the west coast of the South Island, and still visit family there regularly. I have driven and visited most places in that beautiful place, so was interested in seeing what this new scenery looked like.Well, I am blown away. Took off from my home airport NZGM and flew over the Southern Alps to Christchurch NZCH, following the road and rail route. Felt like I was actually there flying. When I get time I am hoping to make some simple flight plans for FSX so that others might beagle to see this awesome area as well. I will be there in 3 weeks, it's a good thing as this scenery made me homesick ! I am in no way connected to the developers or distributors of this product.Thanks, Bruce.

Hey Bruce,I bought it and am blown way by how advanced it is over even their previous ORBX regions. I have never seen such density of autogen before or even though such things could ever be possible with any simulator. There must be tens of thousands of trees in view from the cockpit windows at any one time, so many in fact that the ground textures are completely hidden, so that you can't even see between them. And all that with absolutely no performance hit at all. I have never been to New Zealand, but with what I saw in the past 2 days with ORBX, it must be the most beautiful place on earth. It is hard to believe that this is FSX and not a motion picture video of paradise. Kind regards,

Also purchased it and did some VFR flights yesterday and all I can say is wow!If you are looking for a fun, challenging airport, try T004. It is a blast!

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

That is a beautiful shot Wayne!If a picture is worth a thousand words, here are 14,000 words. I just circled the paused aircraft and took pictures of the rainforest near Milford Sound on the west coast.7001.png2412.png6203.png8964.png7166.png3777.png8938.png3659.png29910.png61911.png10112.png22613.png30214.png24415.pngThere are many different kinds of trees as well, some tall and skinny ones that are placed much more dense than even these ones are. The frames hit is minimal, if at all. I have no trouble maintaining a smooth 30 to 45 frames per second everywhere in New Zealand. This is a whole new level of FSX magic.Kind regards,

Yes, that rain forest is there for a reason, on the western side of the island (both where your rain forest screenshots are taken, nd where Inam from) the rainfall often exceeds 100" a year, combined with relatively warm ocean currents. The ir is constantly saturated with moisture, even on a "fine" day. Bruce

Great photos guys, I will most likely purchase this area. I also agree with you Stephen on choosing FSX, It's moles ahead of FS9...

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Here are a few screenshots at 1600x1200 (watch them full screen to see the FPS) on my nearly 3 years old PC. Scenery and autogen sliders full right. No stutters at all. These guys are wizards Shocked.gif

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Here are a few screenshots at 1600x1200 (watch them full screen to see the FPS) on my nearly 3 years old PC. Scenery and autogen sliders full right. No stutters at all. These guys are wizards Shocked.gif
Wow Jean-Paul,Those are fabulous shots! That last one (#36) must have tens of thousands of 3D trees being rendered! ORBX has somehow jumped the autogen barrier by overriding the FSX rendering limitations simultaneously to significantly enhancing graphics engine efficiency. How?Kind regards,