Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Cessna 182 Skylane A/P

I love the C 182 Skylane but am confused with the Autopilot. I can get it to hold a heading using the heading bug on the directional gyro with the HDG SEL button, but I can't seem to get anything to happen with buttons 2 and 3 NAV INT or NAV TRK. The description in the manual for each button is similar, but I can't get the plane to track or intercept and turn to the VOR. Does the heading button also have to be active when using either NAV INT or NAV TRK? Thanks, Tom

havent flown the 182 in ages and I just cannot remember what instrument panel look like. Anyway I am going for a flight later to see about your lighting request, so I will then check it out for youIn the mean time I am sure others who regularly use this plane, will be able to chip in here with some advise

The easiest is to replace the autopilot with the Bendix King unit..There are instructions somewhere in this forum.. if you cannot locate them,send me a PM.

Bert

Thanks, Bert.I will look for those instructions. Is that panel from the 182RG? Mine is white. Just curious. Thanks again. Tom

The easiest is to replace the autopilot with the Bendix King unit..There are instructions somewhere in this forum.. if you cannot locate them,send me a PM.
Yep, that's what I did. Works like a charm.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.