Sign in to follow this  

This is something that has been discussed many times and sometimes you get into trouble when letting external texture programs like AS 2012 replace the original FSX lights.Currently I'm doing all my flying in PMDG's NGX and as I understood it having AS 2012 replace the a/c strobe and spotlight will not affect the NGX since it has it's own built-in lights, could someone who knows this stuff confirm this? Also...will the new fx_2.bmp and spotlight.bmp only affect the user a/c or also online (IVAO MTL) and AI a/c?

Richard Åsberg

I believe this has been discussed in detail in a current thread in PMDG forum...

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

It has but I thought I ask here too since I never saw a definite answer but only lots of replies how people (me included) THINK it works.

Richard Åsberg

Hi, the fx_2.bmp and spotlight.bmp will change if 3rd party addons thats use the default fsx generic texture name which As2012 change, at the same time, if you use our spotlight.bmp to simulate fsx default as same lights intensity, you must ue the HIGH Intensity one in As2012. I will add few more in the update, or even maybe we will able to add the brightnesscontrast control for couple of lights section.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis