Sign in to follow this  
denver69

SP1b crash g3d.dll

Not saying this is from sb1b but this is the only change I have made to FSX in a month and have never had this crash before. This is the flight directly after installing this from KMDW to KLGA and crashed on approach into KLGA with a 1 minute screenfreeze then restart. Unbelievably upsetting. I have also notice occasional verrrry long stutters sometimes where the sim will just freeze for like 30 seconds and then go again. All of this with the NGX 900 WL.Help? Maybe?Thanks

right click on "g3d.dll" -> properties -> details. what is the file version?do the same with FSX.exe.check and see that they are at the same version.I had some crashes caused by g3d.dll not until long ago I had noticed with myself that after installing few Aerosoft addons the files (fsx.exe/g3d.dll) were not the same version anymore.I reinstalled SP2 (FSX SP2) and i no longer had this issue.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

It may be worth upgrading FSUIPC to the very latest version. The developer, Pete Dowson, made a very recent breakthrough in suppressing the g3d.dll CTDs, all you need to do is install the newest version.The crash fix is enabled in both the freeware and payware versions, but if you do find that it solves your g3d.dll issue, it would be a great gesture for you to buy the registered version as a thank you to Pete.I always had repeatable g3d.dll crashes in Europe, they have been eliminated thanks to the new fix! This is one of the greatest breakthoughs for FSX ever, right up there with Bojote/*******'s CFG optimizer tool and NickN's OS/FSX setup advice.

Yes I just updated it. After 100,s of hours of FSX and never having a crash I was very surprised. I was running the last latest payware version of FSUIPC so hopefully this will do the trick. I also decided to employ the autosave feature. I wounder if the NGX can survive through a saved flight though.The g3d.dll and FSX.exe are the same versions thanks for pointing that out to.