Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

Poor performace but this is odd 737ngx

Here is the situation.I have a decent computer with allot of relatively good equipment/ see my signature belowThe machine is O.C'd i7 965 3.2 @ 4,2 stableI have a video card with 3 gb memory 580gtx video card and a second older cardI start the sim fsx 1,2 Accel . I load up the pmdg 737 ngx ( which by the way is outstanding !)I sit at cyyz and do some flight planning, ( frame rates +/- 25 ). Im using the external limiter and ******* tweaks.Go Online with vatsim and prep for a filghtAs I plan my flight and after about 10 mins of connection to vatsim , I will go to about 4-5 fpsNot even flyable!So I tried this same scenario but at other airports and it is the same thing.I even tried disconnecting from the vatsim network and the frame rates did not come back. So I dont think it is in anyway the networkThe only think that worked was to change aircraft. ( i used a ms lear jet once frames dropped ) and the frames can right backI then changed back to the pmdg and the frame stayed high.Now I dont know this but somehow as the plane sits at an airport, something about the pmdg just bogs down the sim over time . All I can tell you is from this limited experimentation something is just not rightI have recently updated to the most recent sp. for pmdg ngx and I still have the same situationI know there will be someone here with some ideasI have to admit it is all gets a bit frustrating!Peterpkofman@rogers.com

Not sure about the airport thing, with a WAY lesser computer, I have sat for over 30 mins before at FlyTampas Tampa Int. And not had any problems.Could it be the super GPU you have there? I have read about some people with over 1 gig cards having issues I believe. I know someone here will be able to elaborate more on that on, as I know I read the thread, but now can't find it for you.

Thanks for your thoughts. You see I dont think it is vatsim, when the frame rates are barely at 5-10 fps , I simply reload the plane and voila it works again with frame rates in the 20''s . Im running the fps_limiter program at 30 , maybe thats the issue.Peter

Forgot to mention this, when the 737ngx is loaded and frame rates decend in to the single digits, with the outside view the plane always seems to have to rebuild from a skeleton . ( hopefully you understand what im saying ), maybe this will trigger an idea on this issuePeter

Forgot to mention this, when the 737ngx is loaded and frame rates decend in to the single digits, with the outside view the plane always seems to have to rebuild from a skeleton . ( hopefully you understand what im saying ), maybe this will trigger an idea on this issuePeter
Those are the same symptoms I got when I got an out of memory error before. In your case, I think it has been discussed that having graphics cards with lots of ram will tend to cause these errors in FSX, especially with complex planes/sceneries.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

You can check if FSX is running out of memory with Process Explorer:Run it and select "View" -> "Select Columns..." from the menuThen "Process Memory" & check the box "Virtual Size"That will display a column with the memory FSX is taking up:Open FSX and when frames drop, check FSX's virtual sizepe3gb.pngDo you have any fsx.cfg tweks? maybe increased LOD?What antialiasing are you running?

Thanks Dazz, Ill check this , gives me some stuff to think about. Im going to test this with the 747x and see if I have the same resultI have AA set to application controlled usually tri +Sort of counter-intuitive to have lots of video memory and then run out of it? Yikes , this never ends!Peter

Furthermore note that some sceneries (if that is your case) particularly those that are FS9 imports have a problem with ground/landing lights/VASE/PAPI whatever it is and FSX SP2/accel. I have sene this several times. You see your whole sim crawl to single digits in a very short while.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Peter, You could try this entry in the 'Display.Device' section of fsx.cg:VideoMemoryOverride=1610612736Which will limit the available GPU ram to 1.5gb (converted to bytes), a suggestion by TABS as I recall. ( not the 1.5gb I add, that figure you can manipulate).

I had a simmilar problem with wilco 737. Just delete your fsx.cfg and after rebuild just tweak again. I don´t know what was wrong, but this helped.

This is all very helpful , I missed the reply , is the GPU overide good for nvidia cards. I made a mistake and bought the 3bg card. Dumb on my part , it just does not perform well in my set up. Thanks for the help peter