Sign in to follow this  
DJ

Active Sky 2012 and Flight Environment X

Hi and thank you for AS 2012.I had ASE and Flight Environment X from Flight1 installed. I installed AS 2012 and uninstalled ASE. AS 2012 has so much to offer with graphics that I am thinking of uninstalling FEX. Before I do that I would like to know if you have any rocommendations to be sure I don't do something wrong.Should I re-install default textures from FEX menu before uninstalling?What are the backup textures in AS2012? are they the ones that were "active" when I installed AS2012 which would mean they were the textures I had from FEX and not the original FSX textures?Thank you for your supportDan

Hi,1- it's your choice to uninstall or no, no need tought.2- Yes Backup are the existent texture installed "Active" in fsx-3 When Installing content from As2012 in Fsx, they will overwrite what you had before in fsx.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I have FEX too as well as REX and X-graphics. Only X-graphics got the boot as a result of AS2012 since from what I can tell the textures included in AS2012 cover the same areas and are much nicer than the older X Graphics. While I have not tried all of the textures in AS2012 I am particularly fond of the airport environment and the sky sets. I currently run FEX Clouds, REX Water, and everything else AS2012 and have never been more pleased with the results.

RE Thomason Jr.