Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

Above lake Leman - Alps - X-Plane 10

Hi !Default Kingair C90 around lake Leman, often incorrectly called lake Geneva. Unedited shots from X-plane 10; the scenery was created in XP 9 with G2XPL. Big improvement from v9, especially the lighting with HDR on, the nice clouds, and increased visibility! I noted that cloud shadows behave a bit strangely, which is probably a bug. I'm using OSM2XP scenery (buildings taken from OpenStreetMap), also build in v9, as shown in shots above Lausanne and Montreux.X-plane 10 runs pretty well on my machine. (Ubuntu 32bits, quad core, 4Gb ram, Geforce 560Ti 2Gb). I can't max out everything though, especially autogen and shadowstoghether, because my PCIe port is only 8x (PCIe 1.0 16x = PCIe 2.0 8x). Will probably change my motherboard as well.Enjoy the view !KingAirC90B_20_1024.jpgKingAirC90B_26_1024.jpgKingAirC90B_97_1024.jpgKingAirC90B_142_1024.jpgKingAirC90B_148_1024.jpgKingAirC90B_163_1024.jpgGoing down to land at LSGL (Lausanne-La Blécherette)KingAirC90B_165_1024.jpgKingAirC90B_180_1024.jpgKingAirC90B_185_1024.jpgand finally my best landing ever on a non-flat runway ! I can't record a video right now, so you will have to take my word. ;)KingAirC90B_202_1024.jpgBye !Pascal

Jaw dropping!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Not bad not bad :)Is this the lake with geneva at the other end? and pic 5 shows the vally leading to sion?Btw, how was breaking on touch down?...only from the last pic the right rear gear is missing half a disc break :(

Is this the lake with geneva at the other end? and pic 5 shows the vally leading to sion?
yes and yes ! it's the Rhone valley which goes deep into the Alps.
Btw, how was breaking on touch down?...only from the last pic the right rear gear is missing half a disc break :(
hey man, you're quite right, I didn't look at all the details. In fact I was helped by the runway going up. Go figure: if I used FSX I would be dead right now, because there the runway would be flat ! :(

:(

Edited by Superpilotv2
picture in subsequent post

That is spectacular...best I've seen from XP10.Darryl

Both very good and realistic. I wouldn't say X-P shoots are not how world is looking from above...EDIT: if someone here started posting X-P screenshots in reply to FSX screenshots of the original poster, he would be accused of having a provocative attitude I guess...

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Thanks Darryl !@Murmur: I prefer to post screenshots than take part in the endless fights in Avsim X-plane forum. Btw, I didn't take Spook's posting as excessively provocative, but who knows ? Spook ?

Really nice shots. I agree, these are the best ive seen of Xplane 10.Rob

Thanks Gents !@Spook : no problem for me ! but now look, you've been spoiled ! Seems you post was not in accordance with forum rules. Straight%20Face.gifGood day !