Please help. My saitek configuration has lost the plot. For some strange reason the yoke has decided to start operating the trim wheel. When I turn left or right the rudder trim kicks in either raising or lowering the nose sharply depending on the direction of the turn. The turn (or bank) "function" is still working as originally mapped. I have reset all of the assignments in FSX and re-applied the axis settings only to find I have the same issue. I recently installed Earth Simulations "Guersey VFR scenery" but I can't see why this would have caused this problem. I also have FSUIPC installed and use it for calibration. Am I right in assuming that the configuration file may have gone corrupt and if so where can I find it and can I delete it? I have the Saitek yoke, rudder pedals, throttle quadrant and the "Cessna" trim wheel. All were working perfectly until today when this happened. Now I have the unenviable task of assigning all the functions again having just about got everything working properly. Please help.

Guest jahman

The sooner you switch to FSUIPC (Registered!) from FX for axis assignments, the better-off you will be (includes automatically changing hardware assignments and calibrations according to the aircraft you are flying). See John Cook's FSUIPC Tutorial (for CH Products, but it's very similar for Saitek.)Cheers,- jahman.

Thanks, maybe a blessing in disguise then. I seem to remember reading somewhere that saitek has a cfg file somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong, I just want to delete it before I start mapping everything with FSUIPC to be certain I'm doing everything properly.

Thanks, maybe a blessing in disguise then. I seem to remember reading somewhere that saitek has a cfg file somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong, I just want to delete it before I start mapping everything with FSUIPC to be certain I'm doing everything properly.
HelloJust disable the controls in FSX and do everything in Fsuipc, you will be much happier.And if you have any Saitek software installed then uninstall it. It really is no good.

Thanks for tips guys and in process of mapping everything with (registered) FSUIPC. Calibration is a bit tricky but trial and error appears to be the order of the day. In actual fact the trickiest of all is the Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel. I'm beginning to wonder if it's faulty as FSUIPC has lost track of it a couple of times; i.e it becomes unresponsive. Has anybody any experience of calibrating the trim wheel for the Carenado C172 or other light aircraft. It's far too responsive (when it does work) . I fly the C172 for real and you really need to give the trim some positive input to get the desired response. In FSX (at the moment) one quarter rotation gives huge feedback making precise control very difficult.