Sign in to follow this  
Stanner

PMDG 737NGX and Microsoft FLIGHT

Gentlemen,Does anyone know if the PMDG 737NGX upcoming CD boxed edition will work in the yet to be issued Microsoft FLIGHT? Or will we be faced withthe situation that PMDG FS2004 products would not work properly in FSX?Thanks.Stanner

There are only a handfull of people privy to what Flight is all about and they can not speak about until sometime in Jan 2012. Even then, I doubt anyone will know what addons will be portable to flight (if any). Although I hope some addons can be patched for flight, my gut tells me there are just too many changes for even simple addons to work, let along the NGX. Im affraid we will just have to wait and see, but no one can possibly answer that question right now.Rob

isnt it a bit too early? They are not even in beta.

Even if someone got into the beta, they are under a non-disclosure agreement to not say anything without getting into some serious legal trouble.

If you look at the top of the page when in the general forums (not in a topic), you might see Tom's thread. It states more info will be given after they're allowed to give it and not until then. Tuesday, December 13th.Anyone saying no way, or of course is merely speculating, and the ones that know, cannot say because they are under agreement. I once saw a Comp Usa fined $3,000,000 for selling Windows Vista 3 hours before they were suppose to. I don't think anyone is about to violate this.Personally, my speculation, guess, is that they will work. I honestly can't see how they wouldn't, but again, no one that says their opinion knows anything more than any of you.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I agree with Dan. Microsoft knows that FSX was not well received initially, and that it took current hardware and tweaks to get it working well. I don't think they want to add fuel to the fire by making FSX addons non-compatible with 'Flight'. I think addon airports will work fine, and maybe a few developer tweaks will be necessary to port their aircraft over. That's speculation of course, but I'm thinking it will be a really good sim.

I sure hope they wont work. The current sim has some pretty serious design flaws, and I cant see them being overcome by allowing current content to work in the next gen sim. Not to mention the graphical aspects. Stuff like shaders etc. The current content would not be able to utilize the modern graphics technologies that are hopefully in Flight.

FSX already uses a seriously high texture size (allows). Aircraft like the NGX being done at 4096x4096 aren't likely to get a boost since that's pretty large. The ground and such they've worked on, building etc, but I would be very amazed and really stumped if the next generation sim started changing from dds (Very surprised). I agree on the aircraft to a very small point. Say they updated the weather to allow better modeling of aircraft for instance. They could very easily add a switch to turn such a thing on and off, so if you had a "Legacy" aircraft, it could fly, do all it's modeled for and use the backward platform. This would give developers time to add these new features (if it even has them) as well as help sell more copies of Flight faster. Shaders I have my fingers crossed for but again, it doesn't need anything at all to change on the aircraft textures, or the airports. Certain LM files maybe but I still see there being options.One has to consider the amount of time Flight has actually been on the workbench. Enough time to do lots of great things, but not enough time to start changing and rewriting texture formats, no way. Again, I speculate because it's fun to imagine and hope, but some things are easier to imagine than others I guess. Time will tell.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

That's speculation of course, but I'm thinking it will be a really good sim.
At least a really good Hawaiian sim err game.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Yeah and i have heard that if you want to fly else where your going to have to part with more money and aswell wait for the releases of the other regions

I'm not putting my stock in MS Flight. There has been a long thread on these forums about why many people believe that Flight is not going to cater the needs of hardcore simmers.The issue is - as always - business and money-making considerations.

Dave P. Woycek

MS is more interested in selling 5 million copies of Flight to the BF3 and WoW crowd than the 100,000 hard core simmers. I look for flight to be more of an arcade game than a simulation. Of course, this is all speculation since the marketing genius's at MS think that flying around the same Hawaiian mountain for a couple of years should keep us all woozy about the eventual release. X-plane 10 looks pretty darned good. And P3D is at least being developed and a couple of Big Boys have already thrown in with them.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg