Sign in to follow this  
bguler2000

fsx tweak help

hello,I just got a system from a friend with below configuration:Processor: I7 950 Socket 1366 3.06 GHZ 8MB CACHE 45NMMainboard: ASUS Rampage III Extreme X58GPU: ASUS GTX 560 Ti TOPMem : Corsair 12 gb 1600 mhzPower : Thermaltake 875watt Toughpower XTI setup FSX, REX2.0 and 737 ngx.I already used http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html for tuning.I get 14-15 fps and even 9-10 fps sometimes in heavy clouds. Fsx setting are at max (except traffic).Is this normal?If not is there anyone out there who can help me to improve it. I spent hours in the forums but failed to make it better.ThanksBahadir

Best advice I can give is overclock that CPU. FSX seems to favour a high CPU clock speed, and with that CPU you should be able to hit 4GHz if you have a decent aftermarket cooler.And don't max the settings. Even the best hardware on the market will struggle with all the settings maxed. Things you might need to drop a notch or two are autogen and water.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Hi Bahadir, twright is correct, the best way, as always, is to OC. I had exactly that CPU, running with a GTX470 and OC it to 4.15Ghz, cooling with a Hyper 212 plus, which ran beautifully stable. I had the Venetubo tweaks too. However, the Bufferpools tweak was reset by myself after many days of tweaking. I came up with a RejectThreshold=32750 value, which gave me a 30% boost! With respect, your observation about your framerates means very little without any specific yardstick. How are your sliders set, your framerate is it unlimited or locked, your autogen slider is it at normal or extremely dense, what scenery? Only by having a comparable scenario can I or someone offer an opinion. Reply with your FSX slider settings, the type of aircraft and scenery, that would be very helpful.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Bahadir:Yes - the answer is to overclock to get fsx to perform as you would like. Below are my old 950 settings, but with the ASUS board: your settings will be somewhat similar. You will need to get an air cooler, or one of the inexpensive Corsair liquid-cooling systems to run at these speeds, though. I eventually hit 4.45gig on water.ASUS P6T m/b, i7-950 o/c to 4.2, 6 gig ram, EVGA GTX 580 gpuAI TweakerAI Overclock Tuner ManualCP Ratio 21.0Intel SpeedStep DisabledBCLK Freq. 200PCIE Freq. 100DRAM Freq. AutoUCLK Freq. AutoAll DRAM Timing AutoCPU Voltage 1.350CPU PLL Voltage 1.86QPI/DRAM Core V. 1.350IOH V. 1.10IOH PCIE V. 1.5ICH V. 1.2ICH PCIE V. 1.5DRAM BUS V. AutoDRAM – all next 5 AutoLoadLine Cal. EnabledCPU Diff Amp. 800 mVCPU Clock Skew Delay 100pSCPU Spread Spectrum DisabledIOH Clock Skew Delay 100pSPCIE Spread Spectrum DisabledADVANCEDCPU ConfigCPU Ratio 21C1E Support DisabledHDW Prefetch EnabledAdjacent CacheLinePrefetch EnabledIntel Virtualization Tech. DisabledCPU TM Function EnabledExecute Bit EnabledIntel HT Tech. DisabledActive proc Core ALLA20M DisabledIntel SpeedStep Tech. DisabledIntel C-State DisabledAll else is standardGo here for more reading:-http://forums.pureoverclock.com/showthread.php?5736-Core-i7-4Ghz-Club-amp-Overclocking-Guide

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Overclock at your peril. Make a component run at a speed it wasn't designed for and keep your wallet open.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest jahman
Overclock at your peril. Make a component run at a speed it wasn't designed for and keep your wallet open.
That's inormation is oncorrect. You won't damage the CPU as long as you avoid aggressive OCing and respect the temperature and voltage limits of your CPU.Cheers,- jahman.

Overclocking is not what it used to be years ago. It is much more of an understood science. In fact, evidence of such resides in the fact that companies actually give warranties with rigs they have overclocked! My rig is a SB OC to 4.6Ghz and it comes with a warranty. Not sure guys would be offering guarantees if OCing was such a perilous activity. Of course, as Jahman has already said, providing it is done correctly.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Cooling is the secret to the i7-9xxx series, Dave - and all the Sandy Bridges need is a five-knot breeze outside!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

My PC has been heavily overclocked for more than 2 years and is perfectly fine!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

You couold try your luck in the dedicated hardware forum. There are some very helpful guys arround. :(