Sign in to follow this  
Leffe

Video: CDAP into rwy 16L (VOR/DME) LGSR Santorini.

Fellow Simmers!Have you ever wondered why a landing sometimes dosen´t goes as you wished, evenif the approach seems allright? (This was a bad landing)I have, but have no answer for it. Maybe one only have a bad mood and feeling that day….Anyway, thought I would share one of those video I have nevertheless, since we all sometimeshave those days (I´m guessing off course J) and why should it always bee thosevideos, when everything goes perfect? *******************************************This video is an CDAP into Rwy 16L (VOR/DME) (even if I do prefer to make anVNAV/LNAV instead, into an VOR/DME rwy.This airport is LGSR, located on Santorini Island in Greece (Aerosoft scenery)(Been there several time, when having vacation on Naxos Island or Santorini Island itself.If heading for Naxos, there will be a Ferry, taking you there in about 3 hour)Goosh!, what those white buildings on the top of the mountains, takes some FPS.Must be something wrong with this scenery. I wish they would do something about it.That´s enough talking about that….For best result, use 1080p (HD)/ LeffeOk, here´s the video:

Nice, a few questions though:What's a CDAP approach?How did you get the green line showing up with the VOR pointer on the ND?On suggestion. If you flare too early, you'll sink and basicly stall, this will result in a hard landing. :)

Nice, a few questions though:What's a CDAP approach?How did you get the green line showing up with the VOR pointer on the ND?On suggestion. If you flare too early, you'll sink and basicly stall, this will result in a hard landing. :)
....Arjen, a "Constant decent approach" :( I guess VNAV/LNAV is more common, which I also prefer.There should be this green line, when dialed on the VOR./ Leffe

....Arjen, a "Constant decent approach" :rolleyes:I guess VNAV/LNAV is more common, which I also prefer.There should be this green line, when dialed on the VOR./ Leffe
Ok thanks! About the green line. Not sure, but it looks a little like the VOR radial. But it's looks like ___________ instead of -------------------------- And it points from the aircraft to the VOR. How do I get this green line? I simply tune the VOR in the radios, then I select VOR 1 on the EFIS, and I can see the green VOR pointer, but no green line.

Ok thanks!About the green line. Not sure, but it looks a little like the VOR radial. But it's looks like ___________ instead of -------------------------- And it points from the aircraft to the VOR. How do I get this green line? I simply tune the VOR in the radios, then I select VOR 1 on the EFIS, and I can see the green VOR pointer, but no green line.
Peculiar, but that´s what I did also. Haven´t made a reflection of this before. Thought it should look like this...../ Leffe

Not sure where CDAP comes from? I guess the goal is to use the green banana setting it at the threshold. The problem is you can not set the missed approach altitude, a procedure I doubt happens RW. VNAV can help with descent. I think the green line is a VOR course line.

Not sure where CDAP comes from? I guess the goal is to use the green banana setting it at the threshold. The problem is you can not set the missed approach altitude, a procedure I doubt happens RW. VNAV can help with descent.I think the green line is a VOR course line.
Brad I did say I do prefer VNAV/LNAV approach (if have to choose), but wished to post one with an CDAP only.Yes the green banana, that´s right.I find it easier with an VNAV metodh, since you then also have the Alt. window at the MDA altitude, whenyou disconnect the A/PBut of course you could set the missed approach altitude in a CDAP also, as soon as you go visual from MDA.(In this flight it was 1200 MSL.)Also you are normally 2 in the Cockpit, so I guess FO would set this, as soon the A/P has been disconnected./ Leffe :(

So slow and dirty that far out and high would have ATC on your back I would think. Wouldn't the drag and needed thrust kind of negate any efficiencies gained by a constant descent in this instance at least?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Agreeing with the post above. Also, when you're established, once you've established "contact" (visual on the runway and no clouds or terrain ahead that'll make you lose visual), disengage the A/P and fly visually. Allign yourself and follow the PAPI while handflying it. This will probably give you a better landing.

Fellow Simmers!Have you ever wondered why a landing sometimes dosen´t goes as you wished, evenif the approach seems allright? (This was a bad landing)I have, but have no answer for it. Maybe one only have a bad mood and feeling that day….
I know this feeling too. I think it happens once in a while in every pilot's career, virtual or real. But there are days where all go very well.In my last flight with the NGX, I was really inspired to take fly. Did the preflight just like in real world, slowly, checking everything, did my checklists, which I usually skip because of laziness LOL.gif, I even briefed my imaginary copilot for departure and did some PAs for my imaginary passengers LOL.gif. Had the luck to get ATC coverage all the way to my destination that day. Taxi and takeoff went flawlessly. The flight was very nice. Approach was a real pleasure, although my talking to a friend distracted me a little bit. Everything was according to the plans eitherway. Very stable final approach, all hand flown from 2000ft radio down. The landing was really smooth, to my standards at least. -104ft/min registered on FSAcars. Taxi-in went nicely as well. I didn't feel that rush to get to the gate, you know? After this flight, I felt really good. You know that mission accomplished feeling you have some times? Haven't felt this way in a long time in FS.

Matheus Mafra

I know this feeling too. I think it happens once in a while in every pilot's career, virtual or real. But there are days where all go very well./
Matheus, nice to hear I´m not alone having bad flights. Even if I knew I´m not alone :( Yeah you are right about the feeling one have, when everything from start-upto shut down, goes better than expected. It´s a great feeling, as you said.It´s for sure those times, one really love this hoppy of ours./ Leffe

Leffe, I have been flying FSX for a short time and am not practical with the views from the VC. How do you set those pre-defined views and the related transitions? (From center panel to pedestal, to FMC, landing view, etc.)Thanks.

James Goggi

Leffe, I have been flying FSX for a short time and am not practical with the views from the VC. How do you set those pre-defined views and the related transitions? (From center panel to pedestal, to FMC, landing view, etc.)Thanks.
James, I use EZCA (Easy Camera)There you can set whatever views you wanna set up.I also have set my Hat button on my Yoke in EZCA, to move around./ Leffe

I don't think you need advice after looking to your video all answer are there, heve you recorded in realtime ?For what I understand when you took control you didn't follow the vertical Deviation path suggested on ND and you was too high,You used HDG wich normally drift you in case of wind, VOR Mode is much reliable to check the drift easily.Why don't increase the ND view it was very small the check the path.As they says stay head and monitoring all the time.Anyway I telling you stuff that i always fight for my self and I am losing hair all the time for my inability otherwise, that cockpit would be my office averyday LOL.gif