Sign in to follow this  
HighFlyerPL185

Low oil pressure / Eng Fail

Hello there,I wanted to ask since I never actually shutdown the NGX properly, I never felt a need, and now I am slightly struggling. Whenever I cutoff the engine start levers, the cockpit lights up and I get a Low Oil Pressure warning on the CDU. Whenever I want to start up again, it says ENG FAIL. I follow all the procedures from a flow checklist by Michael Swannick, however whenever I try to cutoff, it just gives me a Low Oil Pressure warning, and I'm lost. I'd appreciate any tips about where I might be going wrong.Thanks and regards.

Did you ever try to start up with one of the given settings being delivered by PMDG? You can select it via the CDU and I would recommend "NGX CLDDRK" after you may have selected to reset all errors before.

Regards,
Axel

With the engine shutdown I switch on the APU as I exit the runway. Once I get On stand i make sure the APU is running and switch off the engines. I think it is normal for the lights you are seeing, regarding low oil pressure.Chris

When you switch off the Engine's and the APU is running also switch over from the Engine Generators to the APU generator to keep AC power on the Airplane. If you Don't do that and the EMER EXIT LIGHT switch is stil in the ARMED position the Emergency lighting will illuminate and that is what you see. So when powering down the airplane also switch off the EMER EXIT light switch and the emergency lighting NOT ARMED indication will illuminate on the overhead panel.The Low oil Pressure indication on the UPPER DU is normal when the engine's are OFF due to the fact the engine oil pump is also off and when the oil pressure is lower than 13 psi the LOW OIL PRESSURE indication will illuminate.

Mark Scheerman

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900 Ground Engineer

Good day Gents...

I know I am responding to an old post but seem to be having the same issue...

The first thing I do is use the fmc to set the cold and dark state..

But after following procedure have the same failure... Low Pressure and engines wont start...

Thanks..

Will Charles

Flyboy

Low Pressure and engines wont start...

Thanks..

Will Charles

Flyboy

It is quite vague. What do you mean by engines won't start?

At what step does the engine startup fail?

Have you checked the following:

_ Engine oil quantity and pressure

_ Fuel pumps ON

_ Hydraulics pumps ON (both engine-driven and electric-driven for systems A and B)

_ Engines bleeds on

_ Air pressure available (min 30psi) from APU bleed or air start unit

_ Isolation valve open

_ PACS off

_ Fuel switches off

_ Thrust levers fully closed (idle)

_ Engine start switch on GND for the starting engine

More indication concerning the engine start failure should be provided:

_ When flipping the engine start switch to ground, do you see the engine N2 increasing?

_ Do you have fuel flow indication after turning the fuel switch to ON above 25% N2?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

It is quite vague. What do you mean by engines won't start?

At what step does the engine startup fail?

Have you checked the following:

_ Engine oil quantity and pressure

_ Fuel pumps ON

_ Hydraulics pumps ON (both engine-driven and electric-driven for systems A and B)

_ Engines bleeds on

_ Air pressure available (min 30psi) from APU bleed or air start unit

_ Isolation valve open

_ PACS off

_ Fuel switches off

_ Thrust levers fully closed (idle)

_ Engine start switch on GND for the starting engine

More indication concerning the engine start failure should be provided:

_ When flipping the engine start switch to ground, do you see the engine N2 increasing?

_ Do you have fuel flow indication after turning the fuel switch to ON above 25% N2?

Basically all from the cold & Dark start.

I have done the tutorial 2 more than 3 times... never a hitch... until yesterday....

I had a crash (Simulated landing failure) does the aircraft accumulate damage?

When I set engine start (right or left) slight movement in the percentage but then lifting the start tabs... nada. Yellow indicators on bothe showing low pressure in yellow.

Could it be a maintenance issue?

Does the sim need sim servicing?

Will Charles

Basically all from the cold & Dark start.

I have done the tutorial 2 more than 3 times... never a hitch... until yesterday....

I had a crash (Simulated landing failure) does the aircraft accumulate damage?

When I set engine start (right or left) slight movement in the percentage but then lifting the start tabs... nada. Yellow indicators on bothe showing low pressure in yellow.

Will Charles

After setting engine start you should not be "lifting the start tabs" (do you mean the fuel on/off levers?) until you have at least 20% N2. If the engine is not spinning it is because there is not enough air.  Make sure you have at least one pack off and the bleed valves are on for engines and APU.

Dan Downs KCRP

Will Charles

I think that we have found the issue here.

Most probably the failure is still active. Actually, failures are not reset when you quit fsx. The aircraft condition is permanent in the sense that a failure needs to be corrected in the failures menu of the FMC.

As you said, yes the failure needs servicing to be corrected. Otherwise it remains as it is.

In the FMC menu, go to PMDG setup, Aircraft, Failures and check for any active failure in red. You should find here why you cannot start the engine, you must have an engine failure active. Then clear it and everything should be fine.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Going through it again and preflight checlist oil qty at 20% both engines.... I am beggining to feel that there is a scheduled maintenance that I need to perform....

How do I add oil?

Will Charles

Go back to my previous post regarding the failures. The low oil quantity must treated as a failure by the PMDG's system.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg