Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

Tutorial available for Tupolev TU-154B2 V9.0

Guest mikealpha

I have finished a little 25 page tutorial for the new TU-154B2 V9.0 by Project Tupolev. The tutorial covers the basics of panel and systems.Plane and tutorial are available here : http://tu154.avsim.ru/Screenshots here : http://tu154.avsim.ru/scr.htmlContents : Short description of the instruments, the custom joystick setup, usage of fuel planner and loadeditor, APU and enginestart, setup of overhead panel and instruments, center of gravity, alignment of the gyros, usage of the NVU Calculator, Navigation with the NVU system using the virtual navigation assistant, autopilot description and translation of the more than 50 voice callouts (who says what and when).This plane is among the best jets EVER done for FS. Some of the many features :- custom Joystickhandling to simulate delayed control surface reaction, authentic nosewheel steering modes, GoAround mode, etc. -custom Autopilot-center of gravity simulation-authentic Russian NVU navigation system with calculators and virtual navigation assistant-new sounds down to authentic russian marker sounds, more than 50 voice callouts, etc. The plane is recommended to use in FS 2002. I hope the tutorial is not too hard to read due to my "German" english ;)Enjoy !Michael

Guest CargoMun

This is great news, I have been waiting for something like this :)Hope that after reading this i'll be able to actually fly this great looking bird lol :D

Guest Jozef_K

Good news indeed! Unfortunately, there is an error in the ZIP file (TU-TUTOR.ZIP). I have d/l it twice, but no luck with unzipping it.Can't you perhaps upload it to this site's file library?Jozef http://pluizig.ath.cx/signature.jpg

Guest danowat

Yep, me too, ZIP error, been looking for a doc like this for ages ;)CheersDan.

Guest mikealpha

Ooops, indeed I also get the error message. I have provided the doc file and it was zipped in Russia then, maybe an incompatibility in their zip program.I informed the team about it, should be corrected as soon as possible.Mike

Guest mikealpha

ZIP file works now, at least for me. Can you try again ?Mike

Guest danowat

Hi Mike,Yep, works great now, thank you very much :)Now if you could do the IL-18D and the AN-24RV english tutorials I would be a very happy man!!!!! ;)Many ThanksDan.

Guest mikealpha

Thanks Dan and Jozef,>> Now if you could do the IL-18D and the AN-24RV english tutorials I would be a very happy man!!!!! Ouch, LOL ! My Russian knowledge is very limited to put it mildly. But next step are the fine details of the TU-154 NVU navigation (manual input without assistant, RSBN correction, wind corrections, etc.), which still give me something to scratch my head about.But the IL-18D is waiting in my hangar already ;)Mike

Guest danowat

Hi Mike,I tried the latest IL-18D last night, I was very impressed, have you tried it?.If you have do you know how the autopilot works?, I did manage to get it working, once, but then I couldn't get it working again, allsorts of bells and buzzers going off LOL.If you have any idea how to get the autopilot working let me know, thats all I really need to manage to fly this bird as I can figure out the rest.CheersDan.

Guest mikealpha

Dan,yup, the IL-18D is also very impressive, but I will stay with the TU-154 for now. Two planes with Russian manuals at once is too much for me.I would guess to get the AP working in the lateral axis you have to do the same alignment of the gyros as for the TU-154. On the IL-18 Navigator panel I have also seen MK and GPK region switches and the same fast alignment button.Generally if you have any warning light showing up in the main panel, then don't takeoff, as you can bet it will be something of major importance ;). So you need to clear all that first.As soon I have found out all the "meat" of the TU-154 (it's plain unbelievable what they have all put into it), I will certainly look more detailed into the IL-18 as well. I guess the navigation system principle will be very similar.Mike

Big thanks for the tutorial, Mike!One question: what is the relationship, if any, between this model and the one featured in Steve 'Bear' Cartwright's minireview posted yesterday? Obviously those are two different packages, if only by size (12MB vs. 52MB). Don't know if v9.0 has a VC or not, the other package does. I hope your tutorial can also be used to fly the other bird too.Once again, thanks.M.

Guest mikealpha

Hi,might sound strange, but the FS2004 version reviewed by 'Bear' is the old version. It e.g. doesn't have the Russian navigation system, but uses GPS instead.The new one, which is recommended to be used in FS2002 only for now, is much enhanced regarding 3D model accuracy, flight model, systems, sounds, etc. It has no VC yet.But parts of the tutorial (APU and Enginestart, Loadeditor, CoG) can also be used for the old model. Mike

Guest ha5mvo

.............. which is recommended to be used in FS2002 only for now..............From what I have tested so far:it is 80% functional in fs9. Startup procedures, autothrottle, autopilot (have not tested the quality of ILS capture yet) joystick assignment and the rest work fine, no problems there. The two major problems I did notice were:1) This is quite expected, the flight dynamics are hmm...a bit distorted. The aircraft easily gets very high AOA. While I'm by no means an expert on tupolevs, I don't think the stall horn should sound with every small pitch up deflection or the slightest drop on speed.However, this FDE is designed for FS2K so the need for revised dynamics for FS9 is not surprising2) That's the biggie...I can't export flightplans to the NVU. Whenever I hit export sh-p (export to the aircrafts panel) I get "system could not find the file specified" msg. So the entire NVU part of the panel is non functional.Don't get me wrong, its still a remarkable piece of work, even in FS9.The level of detail and degree of complexity are unprecidented. Frame rates are excellent and the learning curve is very VERY steep.//MikePSMikealpha, I'm not sure my russian is better than yours, but if you need any help with translation I'm willing to help, don't hasitate to give me a buzz ha5mvo@yahoo.com