Sign in to follow this  
garko

Can somebody help me with this Font?

Hi,Can somebody help me out to find a match to the Brymon (1982) font in the pic attached.I use paint.net and cant find anything close to it. particularly the letter R in the name.Thanks for any helphttp://www.flickr.com/photos/43529157@N00/407939691/

I can't find the exact text, but you can right click on this image:http://en.wikipedia..../Brymon_AirwaysThen cut everything out except Brymon using paint.net, resize it to the size you need, then copy/paste it onto the side of your plane, tail, etc... on it's own layer so it won't cover up the rest of your work.Just an idea....maybe something like this:Brymonwithlogo.pngBrymon.png

Thanks for the reply, but that version of Brymon is the from a later livery, i'm looking for the one from the early/mid 80's with all caps type.

Thanks for the compliment , your`e welcome.This is not an existing font I found on the internet , just looked at some pictures and created the text manually.Thats why I could not present the actual font-type to you.CheersLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Looks like "Square721 Ex BT" - bold facedVisit sites like myfonts.com for ideas. Once you see a font that you like, you can search for "lookalikes". You'll often find a cheap collection of fonts on disk somewhere - I bought a Data Becker disk of around 2000 Fonts a few years back which covers most bets for just a few Euros.Tips:1. Once you find a "lookalike" and legal font, it's fairly easy to twiddle around with your text if you convert it to vectors (i.e. "trace")2. (this is technically a breach of copyright) - do a Google search on your chosen airline, use the "images" option in the Google results, The rest is 1, 2, 3...3. Write to the airline and ask permission.OK, I don't know if Brymon still exists, but it's always great to get permission because it makes you feel "Holier than thou" and it does save grief - potentially. I have a couple of airline liveries in my collection and all have thumbsed up my efforts. And now I have more friends...

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel