Sign in to follow this  
w9nwrwi

Some OSM2XP help please

I have been trying to work with osm2xp but I can't seem to get to first base with it.I have downloaded the Quick-start tutorial, gone to Open Street maps.com and saved a portion ofMontreal as a OSM file as kind of a test bed to see if I can make it work.Following the instructions of the Quick-start up to the point of selecting Build from the menu. I select Build and itjust seems to sit there and stare at me. The Osm file I am selecting is about 3Mb in size.Here is a screen shot of what I am getting; the red line advances for a while and then just seems to stop after startingthe 2nd line.The error of my ways?I am not sure of what I am seeing is all together correct based on what I read in the Quick-start guide.Thanks for any assistance,Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

WD SN850 M2 2TB PSU 1000W. 360 AIO.cooling.

Hi Chuck,Go to the Configuration button, it's beside the Build button, make sure your on the Scenery tab, browse to the Osm file you downloaded, select it, below that input a file name for the Scene file you want to create, and click on the hammer at the top left. It should only take a few seconds. You can see the outcome in the Console box at the bottom of the screen. Any more questions, ask away.Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Thanks Glen,I was hitting BUILD button vs the HAMMER, although the instructions did say BUILD. Anyway it processed it, that's the good news.The bad news is that I got a error of Unable to find textures when XP-X was loading and it crashed. Then again I am trying to run the data into XP-10, somaybe I am trying something that is not available yet. (?)I assumed (knowing how to spell that word) that it was for version 10 of Xplane.I think the OSM folks mentioned something about a XP Version 10 Export option coming up in the next OSM2XP release.Either way I am pleased that I got this far and I thank you for the guidance.Chuck

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700KF CPU @ 4.90GHz  32.0 GB RAM Windows 11 Home NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti 12GB Multi monitors

Hi w9nwrwi,As for the "build" , the label of the hammer button is "build" so maybe that's why i wrote that.For the xplane error, check that you have some .png files in the "facade" folder of the generated scenery. there shoud be 6 files i think.If they aren't there, make another build. There's a bug in some very rare case where textures files are not copied, dunno why.Did you installed openSceneryX ? if not, you will have a xplane error, maybe that's why.osm2xp works under xp10, but it's not perfect, you will have some little artefacts on some roofs, and some house could be under the ground, you will only see their roof.I'll release an update that fix the "under the ground" bug, but for the roofs artefacts only laminar can fix it, dunno when they'll patch that.Ben

Thanks Ben,I ran a new one for Milwaukee and it worked just perfect, Looks good and I do appreciate the help, really adds a lot to XP-XUnderstand about the Hammer and Build, one complements the other......anyway thanks to you and Glen I am on the right track, and I guess thenext project is more city's and figuring out the proper edit methods on OSM to update my own hometown. (KATW).Chuck