Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

Xposm help for XPX

Trying to import some driveways I put into OSM, to go with the houses that Ben helped me with in Osm2xp. I'm pretty sure I have the area of interest correct, just not sure of the directory for the dsf files. Does this look correct?# location of v9 Global Scenery terrain DSFs, describing the terrain mesh.dsfdir=r'D:\X-Plane 10\Global Scenery\X-Plane 10 Global Scenery'"D" is where I have XPX installed.This is the error message I'm getting.The location of the data is 45.09n, -79.19wHere is the script edits.Thanks for any help.Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Tried to edit first post, system won't let me?Anyways, made a change to the python script,# location of v9 Global Scenery terrain DSFs, describing the terrain mesh.dsfdir=r'D:\X-Plane 10\Global Scenery\X-Plane 10 Global Scenery\Earth nav data'and now get this error.Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Seems like the dsf file format changed for xp10, and that xposm isn't compatible with those changes.

Is there another way of getting OSM roads into XPX?Glen

Generate them with a xp9 dsf if you want to use xposm.Another option would be to look at laminar official tool for xp10 scenery, but it would be too much work i think.

Thanks Ben, using my XP9 install worked. It's coming back to me now, been a few years since I used it. I had to change the interest area as well, 1 degree off. I tried again using the XPX global scenery and it wouldn't work.There's one issue though, it has to use a 1deg x 1deg tile. I tried with just a small area from OSM, and although it worked, you loose all the surrounding roads and rail. The download limitation from OSM really hurts this tool. I don't want to have to download 300meg of data for my province from some other source, just to see two driveways I add in OSM. OSM needs to allow much larger downloads direct from their site.Glen

You could edit/remove the exclusions on the dsf generated by xposm (use dsfTool to convert to txt, edit, then convert back to dsf).I think xposm add a network exclusion on the whole tile.

Ben, thank you.....Had to figure out how to edit a dsf, used x-grinder, removed a line that looked like it was an exclusion, x-grinder back to dsf, fired up XPX, and all the roads and rail are back, and the driveways are there. Once again, thank you.Glen