Sign in to follow this  
labarge13

0 IAS Glitch

HiA few times on my sim recently, I've experienced a glitch (particularly in default Airbus cockpit of Thomas Ruth models and default A321), where the aircraft is flying usually on approach (once or twice at cruising alt. as well) and the speed just drops to 0 knots without reason. I have checked the backup gauge in the cockpit and info from Shift + Z, but all speed readings were 0. This would not be a problem if the plane continues flying with throttles (ATHR) at the same notch, however the auto throttle puts the throttles to max as if it were going 0 (results in over speed if I don't take control of throttles myself). It goes back to normal after 5-10min (by then it's way over approach speed). If there is anything you can think of that's causing it, like a reading in the config that must be changed, please respond.I just can't keep flying and landing safely with this glitch.Thanks

If there is anything you can think of that's causing it, like a reading in the config that must be changed, please respond.
You are forgetting to turn on the pitot (also known as probe) heat and the tubes are freezing up and blocking the dynamic air speed measurement devices. You should switch on pitot heat before take off and not switch it off again till back on the ground.Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

That was the first thing I checked, and I believe it still occurred with the Pitot Heat switched ON [always have switched it on, never forgotten (on my checklists)]. If that is the case maybe I have to change the pitot heat configuration with the aircraft [it's only happened on my freeware Airbuses]? However, I could easily be mistaken [last time it happened was Saturday and I don't remember checking], because it has often occurred during times when I'm trying to record a quick segment and don't want to mess with much to get done ASAP. This is what I was doing last time it happened. One time that it happened, It was a IFR flight from OTP to CDG [Freeware Air France 320] and on approach it would think 0 then recover, then think 0 again. Caused me 2 GA's because the throttles increasing messed up glide-slope.One last thing, just wondering if turning the Pitot Heat on IN AIR would still work or no effect?It didn't ever occur to me that FSX sims the Pitot's freezing over [realism settings?]

I have the same problem, I fly mostly the freeware Project Airbus A320. But it's happened in other aircraft too. However I've never touched the pitot heat so maybe I should! If it happens I switch the GPS on and try to use the ground speed on there, or use the ground speed/TAS if it's displayed on the PFD. I'll try to make sure I turn the pitot heat on every time and see if it happens again.