Sign in to follow this  
keephill

Voxatc6 & Leeds & Bradford

Can anyone help with this problem. I've just installed VFR Airfields volume 3 (the North of England). I then ran the VOX indexer. I've got TrafficX installed for VOXATC to use, and all traffic don't make the threshold for landing on R32 at Leeds & Bradford (EGNM). As the airfield is elevated they undershoot and hit the high ground ( the bank) before the airfield boundary, still with forward momentum, then rear up almost vertically and crash down right at the start of the runway with no forward speed. Some then taxi up the runway, but others who don't make the start of the tarmac/concrete of the runway then say xxxxx vacated runway and then stay there.Also all aircraft turn right onto R32 for take off from taxiway D, and do not back track to the start of R32. So the majority (dependant on aircraft) almost run off the end of the runway before lift off. If I don't use VOXATC6, but use standard MSFS (FSX) with Traffic X, all is fine. The landings are well up on R32, and all aircraft back track for take off for R32.To be honest most landings at other airports I use are right at the beginning, and then stop in an unrealistic short run. I've learnt to live with this, until I started using Leeds & Bradford. All other aspects of VOXATC6 are ok.Any ideas anyone?SteveSystemCPU i7 965 Extreme Quad Core 3.2 Ghz, 1Tb hard drive, Nvidia 280 GTX 1 Gb DDR3, Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit, with 6 Gb Ram.

can you try and observe if the same happens with the Traffic X AI without the Vox Enabled?check it with the regular FSX ATC , watch and observe.I have a good feeling it is an AFCAD issue , not a VoxATC issue.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hi Joel,Thanks for the reply, only as I've said I have tried it without the VOXATC6 enabled, using just the TrafficX enabled using standard FSX ATC, and all is fine. As soon as you enable VOXATC6 the problem immediatley returns, so far only at EGNM (Leeds & Bradford).Steve

I agree that this is an AFCAD issue. Traffic X will have an AFCAD for EGNM as well as VFR Airfields from UK2000. VoxATC scans your drives for all relevant files and will pick up both AFCADS.Please scan your drives for EGNM and you should find one located in the Traffic X folder and one in the VFR Airfields folder. Deactivate the Traffic X one by renaming it as <name>.bgl_offRun the VoxATC Indexer again and see how you find it.Chris

Thanks for the reply Chris, I'll delete the EGNM file in Traffic X, and let you know the results.RegardsSteve

HI Chris, It's still the same, even though they were landing on R14 because of the WX. After renaming the EGNM bgl file in Traffic X to EGNM.BGL_off as you suggested, I kept getting an error message once FSX loaded saying ' Scenery.dat file error. Close FSX & delete the file JustFlight\TrafficX\AirportFacilities\scenery\EGNM. Which I duly did and then ran the VOX Indexer again.RegardsSteve

That's strange. It could just be down to how the AFCAD has been designed. Typically I've always found VoxATC to read the AFCAD correctly.Perhaps email the developer Tegwyn at info@voxatc.com with this issue.Chris

OK, Chris, I'll give Tegwyn a shout, but I'll wait until after Xmas. Thanks for trying, and enjoy the festive season.Steve

Hi Steve,Check your scenery folder and make sure that all Traffic X entries are below the VFR entries.At other airports if the Traffic X entries sit above say Gatwick Extreme in the library the parking is screwed as well as the landings.Worth a look see.Norman

Hi Norman,Sorry about the delay in replying. Yes ok I'll give that a go, only presently I'm experimenting with Ultimate Traffic 2, instead of Traffic X, for AI traffic for VOXATC6 to use. Only as you are aware new software creates even more issues!!RegardsSteve