Sign in to follow this  
FSX1234

FSX ngx FREEZE IN FLIGHT

Hi i have been using NGX, which is working well apart from about two hours into the flight it decides to freeze on me. I do not get a fatal errors but the sim just freezes.Any Ideas ?Regards Chris

I have the same issue , usually after about 1 hour of flight. It act out on controls sometimes but keyboards is frozen. Crashed.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

The only recent freeze I got was after about one hour of flight for maybe 10 seconds. I suppose that the reason had to do with the use of memory as FSX was eating about 3.2 GByte that moment. However, it did not crash and later on it consumed less than 2.8 GB. It was just one event after quite a lot of hours total use. As far as I remember I just had left Paris CDG which is demanding even having my UT2 settings at 30% and I'd been before flying in from London Heathrow (not better in this regard).Conclusion: look for the "Process Explorer" and let it run in the background - if possible on a second screen. I might be wrong but I think that the memory usage is a quite good indicator for stability.

Hi i have been using NGX, which is working well apart from about two hours into the flight it decides to freeze on me. I do not get a fatal errors but the sim just freezes.Any Ideas ?Regards Chris
Chris, you might try to change the view via F10 (2d-panel). It seems to be less demanding and it might help to recover.

Regards,
Axel

Is the sim freezing or is the panel freezing? If it is the former, I had a similar problem. The sim would freeze, the sound remains, and if you let it go for 10 minutes or so it starts back up...There are several posts dealing with this issue but there weren't any solid solutions that I could find.I had been suffering with this problem for several weeks, unable to complete a flight longer than 20 minutes or so. It came on suddenly, coinciding with the release of SP1. This threw me off because I assumed the problem was related to the update. I tried everything. Then System Mechanic, a disk utiity suite that I use, notified me that there was an issue with some windows system files. I let System Mechanic fix the files. Also at the same time I decided to try an external frame rate limiter. The next time I ran the FSX everything was fine. I'm not sure which thing fixed the problem but if I had to guess, it's more likely that the corrupt system files were the culprit. I had had success previously without an external limiter.I'm running an Intel 2600k cpu oc'd to 4.6 ghz, Windows 7 64, 8 gig of ram, Nvidia 570 gtx video. I would highly recommend System Mechanic!!

Steve Giblin

As I understand it this is a common problem for those running 64-bit Windows versions.
Solution might be this:
1) Add the line
HIGHMEMFIX=1
under
[GRAPHICS]
in
fsx.cfg
2) Get hold of the dll-file
UIAutomationCore.dll
and copy it to your FSX root folder.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Are you using TrackIR? I never had a freezing but recently with TrackIR the NGX gauges just froze. I believe this was related to TrackIR, not the NGX.

Edmundo Azevedo

I was having this problem too. FSUIPC solution didnt work for me. What solved my problem was to exclude FSX folder from Scanning on my antivirus (Mycrosoft Security Essentials). After that,it didnt freeze anymore :) .